Dazs Beetle Counter Set

Discussion in 'Aqua Essentials' started by Coiln3107, 4 Jan 2009.

1. Coiln3107

Coiln3107 Member

Hi I got one of these from you and appear to have a small problem, I filled it with water and noticed that after a couple of days the water level is dropping. I think that as the gas switches on in the morning there is a slight surge of gas and it is expelling a small amount of water each time. I dont know the best way to fix it other than to re-fill it and try again. Can you advise I dont know if anyone else has come upon this one regards Colin. :!:

2. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

I'm afraid this is a problem with any bubble counter and the faster the bubble rate IME the faster the water drops. I have this beetle counter and I've found that you don't need it topped right up to work fine though and as the water lowers from the exit pipe the water loss slows.

3. Coiln3107

Coiln3107 Member

Thanks for that being new to all off this its all a bit of a serious learning curve, but I,m getting there slowly I think thanks to you guys, kind regards Colin.

4. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

My bubble counter oddly enough sometimes is full and other times is empty then refills again without me touching it lol