• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dead Amano Shrimp

Jaap

Hi,

this morning I found 2 out of my 4 amanos dead. The last thing I did was a 30% water change on the 26th, 2 days ago. After the water change I added both macros and micros in double doses. On the 27th I also added a double dose of micros and on the 28th (this morning) I found 2 shrimp dead.

I was thinking maybe too much copper?

This is my mix: http://www.aquariumplantfood.co.uk/fertilisers/dry-chemicals/dry-salts/chelated-trace-175.html

Contains Cu 0.23% (EDTA Chelated).

Could have this been the problem or is it something else?

The ottos and guppies look fine.

Thanks

Not even if double dosing? :)

Well the white furry stuff was removed by cutting back the moss...

Si if it wasn't the ferts then what could it be that effected 2 shrimp out of 4?

Absolutely not because of the copper in the Ferts!

How's the mould that you posted about previously getting on in the tank, did you remove it?

:)

It might be the double dose because nothing else changed...

Does double dosing macros effect shrimp as double dosing micros?

I dosed extra Micro accidentally and it didn't kill my RCS or Red Rilli. The dose was 30x the standard EI (not APF but near identical), performed two 50% wc, one half way through the overdose the other after I noticed the dosing pump pumping. I did suffer a diatom bloom for a few weeks afterwards though. I have run an extended period of double dosed Macro and Micro (APF) and seen no bad outcomes either.

I have no experience of Ammano shrimp and EI, so they may be more sensitive than Cherries to the ferts.

Another amano dead...my tank is at 22 degrees Celsius...its not the temperature that is causing the deaths right?

well the amanos have been there for months now and I have the co2 setup for months so shouldnt be co2...they being of old age I can understand one death but not 3 in a week...

Back