• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deans 60p

Deano3

Hellos everyone well it's time to start a new journal another Ada 60p lol as many of you know I had a Ada 60f and didn't have much luck but hopefully more luck with this, I really like the height and size of this one, so hopefully turns out good, sure with everyone help and advice will work out well, still many questions but will post as go along, currently working 12 hour shifts so only get chance to work on this on days off and starting my shifts tomorro so won't be up and running for few weeks but here is a start

cabinet DIY ada style build on here http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/diy-ada-style-aquarium-stand.31348/

Tank ada 60p

Filter eheim 2424 (one of my questions was what you think about this filter only 700lph ? You think will be sufficient)

Lighting currently 2x24w Hagen glo but thinking about aqua ray grobeam 600 twin

Co2 an in tank diffuser

Ei dosing

Anyway here is a layout I was messing with not had much time at all but here it is want to keep simple and have an open space for carpet etc want long red an green stems and repens on the left, still not sure on carpet maybe Monte Carlo or mini hair grass

e6y4evev.jpg

vyrereme.jpg

a8a9a8ag.jpg

ezuhy4er.jpg

2a9ejaha.jpg

5ury3ese.jpg

vaqe2u4a.jpg

6uqyzybu.jpg

This is how packed the substrate rather than using rights and gravel just to make lighter I used plastic piping

6uhebuhu.jpg

I tried to slope substrate maybe add more slope to left and stick with the rules of thirds etc any help and comments welcome also as for plants still not sure apart from repens and a nice Monte Carlo or hair grass carpet want to keep simple with 3-5 plant types. As said suggestions and comments welcome

Thanks Dean

Last edited:
This is how packed the substrate rather than using rights and gravel just to make lighter I used plastic piping
Also protects the bottom glass from the rocks ;) looking good couple more rocks might help, also slope at the front a little too high ;)

Also protects the bottom glass from the rocks ;) looking good couple more rocks might help, also slope at the front a little too high ;)

Thanks will slope sime more after work and maybe few more rocks, pipe was only £3 so cheap aswel, what you think about filter at 700lph turnover ? Going to have Lilly pipes aswel

Thanks Dean

yes i assume it will at lest partly but that should just help to hold them in place lol :) i assume deno is just looking for a stable base

Thanks everyone, sealed the pipes with tape at the ends to stop the soil getting in, I quite like the minimalist layout but might brake up some rocks and maybe as some more not sure we're as dont want loads, an thanks Tom yeah will give u a shout when ready

Thanks Dean

Yeah mini landscape rock were u recommend putting some ?

Thanks Dean

sealed the pipes with tape at the ends to stop the soil getting in,
not watertight i hope otherwise they may be very buoyant :eek:
Hope this one works out for you Dean, look forward to following its progress.
Cheerio,
Ady.

I have one spare left which I thing will make it look nice on the right side. If you want im happy to give it to you for shipping fee?
I have rocks but all larger ones what size is the one you have mate ? If you dont mind send a pic and size please , I could brake mine up but then only usually have 1 useable side as the broken bit looks rubbish

Thanks Dean

I have rocks but all larger ones what size is the one you have mate ? If you dont mind send a pic and size please , I could brake mine up but then only usually have 1 useable side as the broken bit looks rubbish

Thanks Dean
its easy to break it and get a nice pieces. I have one is 5 inch long and 1 1/2 inch wide.
20140310_144259.jpg

20140310_144608.jpg

Did u just smash with hammer lol mine seemed round on edges and didn't look very good lol

Thanks Dean

Back