• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deansie's Ada 45-P Iwagumi

You wouldn't think I was messing about with these rocks for so long as it looks bloody easy, think my sons could have popped in the stones and came up with better but anyhoo, here it is.
Lights on 2ND of 7 intensity levels, 6 hours a day.
C02 on 24/7 right now and doing 50% daily w/c
Dosing EI
Plants Monti Carlo, dwarf hair grass and Hemianthus callitrichoides Cuba HC which I kindly received from top bloke Keith Aka sonic ninja.
Funny enough I tried this previously in my trigon but it died fairly fast, on recieving this big chunk I floated it on top of the floating plants in the trigon and it was doing great, better light maybe.
IMAG1491_zpsn491f3kk.jpg

IMAG1493_zpsczllp9i0.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Deansie!

Nice scape! The main rock is very nice and the small one from the front looks like as if it were cut from the the bigger one.
Maybe you consider portioning HC more than that ... Could help in covering the substrate.

Thanks very much Silviu, after looking at photos I think your right, looks. Bit clumsy, hands wet again tonight for me.

Be aware about HC : it need a fast/strong start for being able to generate proper roots system that will feed the plant. This means light/CO2/ferts.
There are many negative experineces with HC when one or more of these limiting conditions were ignored. Including two of mine :(

Thanks, c02 is yellow and ferts are plentiful, I've got the light low but if the plants don't appear to be reponding I'll try bumping them up a bit. Flow is good also, 600lpr on a 30 odd litre tank.

Last edited:
3 Day update.

Plants look ok, think I'm seeing some growth but certainly no algae or melt....yet. lol. Really like the look of the equipment. Ive managed to hide it all in my wife's funny table where the top comes off.
Also added a Jbl inline atomizer and upped the light to level 4 of 7.
IMAG1517_zpsx3w0utia.jpg

IMAG1515_zpskzhuobis.jpg

IMAG1511_zps8fz6ateo.jpg

Thanks, I'll have a look for sure, it perhaps will help make arranging next time a bit more enjoyable:)

Take a look at George Farmers mini guides at Aquarium Gardens on his YT I think there's 4 .The one about rock choosing and placement I thought was really helpful. You have done a nice set up though

The plants appear to be doing ok, no melt but no very noticeable growth I don't think.
Since installing the inline diffuser it's taking I'd say double the bubble rate to achieve similar C02 results to the bazzoka.
If appearance is not so much an issue the bazooka seems to be better at the task.

Day 8

Things have been going smoothly, to smoothly lol. Plants seem to be growing well, nice and green with no yellowing or melting at all. Next to zero algea, only a diatoms dusting on the large rock.
The Jbl diffuser has bedded in now and seems to produce bubbles that don't break the surface but lie under it, quite strange but I like it.
As from tomorrow I'll be doing a 50% water change every second day, lights still 4th of 7 levels of intensity for 6 hours. With the growth that's happening I'm not sure if it ever needs to be increased.
IMAG1560_zpscrpt3u21.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers guys, glad it's a half decent read. I know how these tanks lull you into a false sense of confidence then bang so not getting a head of myself thinking I've cracked it ha ha.

Back