Decanting

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by Coiln3107, 1 Jan 2009.

1. Coiln3107

Coiln3107 Member

Hi guys and a Happy New Year to you all. My question is does anyone know if it is possible to decant CO2 from say a 5kg fire extinguisher to a 500g Aqua Medic cylinder. The reason that I would like to do this is that my 500g sits nicley plumbed in on the inside of my cabinet door and it would suit just to be able to top it up from the large supply. Getting a conecting hose made is not a problem and I am thinking that the fire extinguisher people must be doing something similar when they re-charge the empties we all give them! :?

2. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

Aren't the aqua medic cylinders disposables? In which case you cannot refill them?

3. Coiln3107

Coiln3107 Member

Hi Aaron no its a proper cylinder with a fire extinguisher type thread for the reg to fit to which I belive can be refilled.
    On looking at the instructions it describes it as a safety certified 350g steel CO2 bottle, and it come with the Aquamedic CO2 Professional kit. Its the first on listed on the Ultimate Aquatics website, regards Colin.

4. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Im no expert but you might be able to do it with a paintball filling station. I did look into this myself once but it was looking expensive to get all the equipment so decided against it. Never found out if it was actually possible though.

Sam

5. JamesC

JamesC Member

6. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

Nice one James, although I couldn't make head nor tail of some of the graphs! :lol:

Sam