• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Decanting

Coiln3107

Hi guys and a Happy New Year to you all. My question is does anyone know if it is possible to decant CO2 from say a 5kg fire extinguisher to a 500g Aqua Medic cylinder. The reason that I would like to do this is that my 500g sits nicley plumbed in on the inside of my cabinet door and it would suit just to be able to top it up from the large supply. Getting a conecting hose made is not a problem and I am thinking that the fire extinguisher people must be doing something similar when they re-charge the empties we all give them! :?

Hi Aaron no its a proper cylinder with a fire extinguisher type thread for the reg to fit to which I belive can be refilled.
On looking at the instructions it describes it as a safety certified 350g steel CO2 bottle, and it come with the Aquamedic CO2 Professional kit. Its the first on listed on the Ultimate Aquatics website, regards Colin.

Back