• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deception?

I’m not suggesting this is a scam but will admit to being a little disappointed in the packaging. Several folks have recommended Vitalis Catfish Pellets so I bought a tub online. I knew the amount I was buying by the sellers description, 60g. I only wanted a small tub to try and many of the products I’ve bought online have been of similar size.
Here’s a picture of what I mean about the packaging, Vitalis next to King British.
ED98CC59-6B31-4231-A1A7-F3223DDF9664.jpeg

The king British is actually 65g and marked on the tub. The Vitalis gives no indication but is described as 60g online. Big difference in size until you turn them over.
338FDFD3-1292-4118-AE59-1723EA9DA983.jpeg
There is a huge hollow 20mm deep on the underside of the Vitalis. If you were buying in the shop you might assume you were getting more for your money than a competing brand. I’m just a bit peeved it’s taking up more room in the “fishkeeping drawer” than it needs to. I don’t think I’ll be buying Vitalis stuff again unless the fish really go for it more than say the Bug Bites or indeed the King British pellets.

You get what your paying for but yes its a visual scam. They all do it though most are only half full when opened anyway. Its a shame manufacturers dont get on board with a more enviromently friendly approach to packaging.

Vitalised used to be new era and it was distributed through red sea here in the uk. Now this was before the name change so it could be different now but the rep told me they used to buy the packaging, pots and labels, in such large volumes (10's of thousands at a time) that any changes that needed to be made took a very long time and that it was far cheaper to use the same pot for numerous sizes than to order smaller volumes of different sized pots. So that was their justification at the time, economics rather than disception.

Tbh I never used their products because all the free samples weren't vigorously ate unless by known ravouness species when most of the time their competitors were. I don't doubt the quality of their foods and most people like them but there are many more palatable foods out there.

Hi all,
I swear Curly Wurlies are much smaller now than when I was a kid
Isn’t that the special theory of relativity?
.......and what about Wagon-wheels? and how are they ever going to sell another one now that there aren't any spectators in football grounds?

I wouldn't say I'm a masochist, but paying to watch Bristol Rovers play at Twerton Park in the late 1980s, (Wagon-wheel in one hand, Bovril in the other) must come close.

cheers Darrel

Back