• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dechlorinator neutralizing macros and micros.

FishWorks

Hi Everyone,

I went out to buy some dechlorinator and found that most of them bind nitrate and detoxify heavy metals (Seachem Prime, Sera Toxivec, etc).
Wouldnt this be bad for water column fertilization?

Thanks,

Harry

Similar question got asked the other day, the answer seems to be don't worry about it.

Similar question got asked the other day, the answer seems to be don't worry about it.
They were talking about Nitrates still being accessible to plants after using Seachem Prime.
What about the heavy metals part? like copper being detoxified when dosing traces with dechlor?

Well I use prime and dose ei ferts and can honestly say I've never had any issues. If you worry about the micro ferts being "detoxified" dose them the day after wc, but personally I don't see any issues

Well I use prime and dose ei ferts and can honestly say I've never had any issues. If you worry about the micro ferts being "detoxified" dose them the day after wc, but personally I don't see any issue
Thanks John :thumbup:

Hi all,
I went out to buy some dechlorinator and found that most of them bind nitrate and detoxify heavy metals (Seachem Prime, Sera Toxivec, etc).
Wouldnt this be bad for water column fertilization?
I agree with the others, any nutrients will become <"plant available"> eventually, <"nothing has been removed">.

cheers Darrel

Hi all,

I agree with the others, any nutrients will become <"plant available"> eventually, <"nothing has been removed">.

cheers Darrel
DW, I just had a thought.

If the Nitrates and Heavy Metals were binded or detoxified for 48 hours. Would it benefit me to switch up my Ei dosing schedule?
I like to do my water changes on Sunday, so should I dose Micros on Monday? and then Macros on Tuesday? or should I just skip Monday altogether?

Back