• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Decisions Decisions on upgrade

Go for the Sony...or wait for the HTC m8 or Oppo find 7 (my choice) :)

Never heard of oppo until now. Lovely phones very nice. Shame can't get them on upgrades but theyre way cheaper to buy and have spec better than some other phones.

Go with the one you like the look of most, cause the software is basically the same, also look at how it operates with other devices around the house, TV's, bluetooth speakers, etc....

Apple are best suited for the female gender, if you are feeling a little feminine like some of the guys that have already replied to the post then you are best off with an iPhone!

This really made me laugh and will openly say I im with you on this lol. I used to be an apple boff getting over protective of people saying bad things about iphones lol.

Im a gonna go for the sony. Looks really nice. Lots of accessories that arent priced for millionaires and I like the camera. Not sure about its ability to pair with tvs etc but assume it would given this samsung does and the sony is wat above.
Would hold out for the htc m8 but have a feeling itll have another low pixel camera.
I like my phone to take pics not just meant mainly for social sites

And then Samsung will copy (again) and get sued to hell. The iPhone rules in almost every dept and you know it.
This debate is very old Ian, and Samsung didn't actually get sued for anything in the end! I purchased a Samsung Note 10.1 Tablet the new 2014 Edition and it blows the iPad out of the water!!! Was comparing it with an iPad Air the other day side by side and the Samsung has so much tech in comparison that the Air is not even at the same level, the only thing I can say the iPad Air is better is that its slightly lighter, but boring as hell. The argument of Apple has more Apps is no longer valid so now there is just no argument!

At the end of the day Apple does well what its meant for, making a call, sending a text/email, using the odd app, playing some music, with very little customization (people can't mess around with it, so less prone to going wrong), all Android phones do that and plus some more (but you can customize the hell out of the phone and therefore its more likely for the user to mess it up, not because of Android, just because of the flexibility it gives the user).

All I know is that my next phone will most likely be Samsung Note, there is simply no better device out there.

Alastair have you taken a look at the Nexus phones? The Nexus 5 is now available for £240 off contract! They don't have any bloatware from carrier or manufacturer and Google always release the latest OS for those devices first (equivalent of the Apple OS releases).

BTW I don't care what anyone buys to be honest lol they all have their pros and cons and its up to the user to evaluate all of the features and buy the best device for their own personal needs and not what anyone else says.

Paulo...I didn't read that properly, I'm sure you've made a typo, the ipad still remain the best tablet around. I'm still yet to find a review which tells me otherwise.
Next time we meet I'm gonna hypnotise you and make you believe that Apple is the future. ; )

I had a Sony Xperia T, and loved it. I have just upgraded to a Xperia Z1 compact. A high end phone in a small form factor. It's superb. I vote Sony.

This debate is very old Ian, and Samsung didn't actually get sued for anything in the end! I purchased a Samsung Note 10.1 Tablet the new 2014 Edition and it blows the iPad out of the water!!! Was comparing it with an iPad Air the other day side by side and the Samsung has so much tech in comparison that the Air is not even at the same level, the only thing I can say the iPad Air is better is that its slightly lighter, but boring as hell. The argument of Apple has more Apps is no longer valid so now there is just no argument!

At the end of the day Apple does well what its meant for, making a call, sending a text/email, using the odd app, playing some music, with very little customization (people can't mess around with it, so less prone to going wrong), all Android phones do that and plus some more (but you can customize the hell out of the phone and therefore its more likely for the user to mess it up, not because of Android, just because of the flexibility it gives the user).

All I know is that my next phone will most likely be Samsung Note, there is simply no better device out there.

Alastair have you taken a look at the Nexus phones? The Nexus 5 is now available for £240 off contract! They don't have any bloatware from carrier or manufacturer and Google always release the latest OS for those devices first (equivalent of the Apple OS releases).

BTW I don't care what anyone buys to be honest lol they all have their pros and cons and its up to the user to evaluate all of the features and buy the best device for their own personal needs and not what anyone else says.
Couldn't have worded it better paulo. Thats why I got fed up with having iphones. There was nothing new operating wise. Yep they can call text email Internet and snap photos but have no way near the customisation that android phones have which is what I like.

I do like the samsung note and nearly upgraded earlier as they were giving away the gear watch for free but decided to waot until the s5 was shown but doesnt look much different. However id had a mess around with the z1 in store and the advisor even said to wait unyil mobile world congress to choose.
After checking the z2 and keep reading up on it this I think is the phone fir me.
I love it.

Funny you mention the nexus phone. I looked at one as I bought my daughter the nexus 7 which is brilliant but I think I liked the camera functions and durability along with looks of the z2. I think steve smith has the nexus or it may even have been the lg g2 which was bloody nice when he let me have a go.

Apple products are brilliant (for fashionistas and technological illiterates).

I'd go with the Sony, really like my lowly Xperia T.

My decisions made mate. Now to wait for it to come out :)
I had a Sony Xperia T, and loved it. I have just upgraded to a Xperia Z1 compact. A high end phone in a small form factor. It's superb. I vote Sony.
:D

I personally would still go s5 get on XDA developers and do what you will with it. I've had Sammy's for the last 5 years and I'm happy as hell. That being said Sony have made huge leaps in the development side of android in fact I think not long ago they released source for an alpha build of one of there kernals! No use to me with my limited skills but it shows that they are listening to users. If you look at the galaxy s2 then compair to the s4 most of the features that where introduced where available on the s2 if you rooted and did a bit of digging around development forums :)

I think Sony are probably a good way to go right now.

As far as bloatware is concerned, someone will have stripped down stock ROM deodexed and removed all carrier and manufacturer bloat by the time you have your handset out of the box.

Apple product work well but are just far too limited for me. I like to tinker.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Think-Different.jpg

It's not all about looks ; )

Even though the iPhone is the coolest looking, best made phone on the market.

Have they upgraded to glass yet or do they all still smash?

They only smash if you either throw them at something or drop them from a height. I think this is the same for most phones ; )

Same I drop my s4 all the time I've dropped it from my pocket cycling and its fine. I've never owned an iPhone but I see a lot with smashed screens and backs. Gorilla glass all the way!

Back