• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Decor and plant survival advice required please.

trub

Seedling
Hey guys, i currently have 4 Bolivian Rams, 13 Cardinal Tetra's, 8 Harlequins, 5 Corydoras Trilineatus and 1 Bristlenose Plec in a very happy community tank.

BUT, i am wanting to change the decor to suit the Rams and was wondering what plants would be best?
Having read an article in a recent magazine i have settled on having some Echinodorus, Cryptocoryne's and Vallisneria's- but i am at a loss on which one's. Any idea's?

It is probably best at this time to mention that most my plants tend to die on me, as i have no clue on plant keeping, so any advice on that would also be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance, Trub.

What size is your tank and what sort of lighting do you have? Echinodorus' have a "nasty" habit of getting REALLY big and take over your tank but do not require that much maintenance. Crypt are a personal favourite and come in all sorts of flavours and sizes. I'd recommend you take a look here:
Tropica.com
Browse through their plant list and see what sizes would work for you. And get your hands on some All-in-One fertiliser like Tropica's TPN+ or, if you feel adventurous, make you own:
James' All In One Solution
Good luck and let's see some pictures of your tank :D

Back