• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

decreasing even stopping of photosynthesis ?

emreutku

Ä°nspite of stable factors (same lights, same fertilising, same WC, same interval of cleaning filters) there is decreasing even stopping of photosynthesis...

What does it mean? Why photosynthesis was decreased?

thanks and regards

emreutku said:
Ä°nspite of stable factors (same lights, same fertilising, same WC, same interval of cleaning filters) there is decreasing even stopping of photosynthesis...

What does it mean? Why photosynthesis was decreased?

thanks and regards

photosynthesis is a process by which a green plant uses sunlight or as in our case artifical light to build up carbohydrates - how long have you had you tubes fitted - maybe on there way out.

The question to ask is how do you know that photosynthesis has stopped- what are the indications

Regards
paul.

Thanks paul,
how long have you had you tubes fitted ? 2 months

And sory for the misinformation;
The plants are HC and Rotala Rotundifolia; Rotala are bubling, but HC not...

emreutku said:
Thanks paul,
how long have you had you tubes fitted ? 2 months

And sory for the misinformation;
The plants are HC and Rotala Rotundifolia; Rotala are bubling, but HC not...

When you saying Rotala bubbling - do you mean bubbles leaving the leafs and travelling to the surface. HC will form bubbles but I have never seen them rise to the surface - well mine don't - that is rise to the surface.
HCTinybubbles.jpg

Regards
paul.

Thank you very much paul. You know what ı mean.
I meant bubbles leaving the leafs and travelling to the surface!

This is my fırst HC experience. So i learned HC bubbles are not travelling to the surfaca.
thanks..

photo of my tank..6 weeks of HC...

Your HC looks very healthy from that picture.
Just because a plant isn't pearling doesn't mean it isn't flourishing.

Hi emreutku.

I have to agree with gratts on that one. Your HC is looking good and spreading nicely.
When I grew it, mine only ever pearled on water change day but still grew nicely.
If you have lots of flow around the tank, you may find that as the bubbles start to form they are whisked away by the flow and are very difficult to see unless you look closely.
If the plant is flourishing you have nothing to worry about.

Chris

Back