• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Deep Rooted' - Andyh's 35l Nano

Very nice setup mate. I was wondering what make the lights are? Once again really nice set up mate.

aaronnorth said:
I like this tank, its original :thumbup:

Those crypts look like what I have, Cryptocoryne Beckettii, and yes mine have turned brown too

Thanks Aaron, good to know that the Crypt are meant to do that. :geek:

Jon1706 said:
Very nice setup mate. I was wondering what make the lights are? Once again really nice set up mate.
Jon, Thanks for your comments :oops:

I got the lights ages ago from a Maidenhead Aquatics after seeing a few guys on here using them, its made by Aquadistri and its a 18w tube in each. This light also can be badged Superfish (an Aquadistri product). Just googled to find one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/-SUPERFISH-AQ...ItemQQimsxq20100102?IMSfp=TL100102236002r7706
If not, you could ask maidenhead/Aquadistri stockist if they will be able to order one in for you if they dont stock it, they are about £35. One thing about these lights is the colour of the tubes are a lot nicer than the arcpods, I personally am not a fan of the pink hue the Arcpods give.

Jon1706 said:
Jon, Thanks for your comments :oops:

I got the lights ages ago from a Maidenhead Aquatics after seeing a few guys on here using them, its made by Aquadistri and its a 18w tube in each. This light also can be badged Superfish (an Aquadistri product). Just googled to find one:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/-SUPERFISH-AQ...ItemQQimsxq20100102?IMSfp=TL100102236002r7706
If not, you could ask maidenhead/Aquadistri stockist if they will be able to order one in for you if they dont stock it, they are about £35. One thing about these lights is the colour of the tubes are a lot nicer than the arcpods, I personally am not a fan of the pink hue the Arcpods give.[/quote]

Thank you for the link Andy I've been looking for a second hand otl but cant find a cheap one any where but these look great . Thank you again andy :D

CeeJay said:
Hi andyh
This tank is getting better every time I see it :D
Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thanks Ceejay!

So i have a got an inline co2 diffuser for this setup now, same as on my kitchen tank, went about fitting and had some problems with the plastic nuts for holding the hose on, so binned and used some jubilee style clips, much better! Strange as they were fine on my other one o_O

web.jpg

Initially tried it connect to my spray bar, and it worked fine albeit it became noisy which i didn't like. It made a gargling noise as the co2 bubble built up then finally escaped. :?

So i simply pulled off the spray bar and let the filter return via the shepherds crook, the filter is heavily over sized for a 35l tank so dialed it down a little but gives the tank plenty of flow.

Had to reduce my bubble rate a little but seems to be working great, the HC at the bottom is now getting a good supply of CO2.

Everything is growing well!

Thanks for looking

andy

Jase said:
How's this looking now Andy?

Jase

Looking good will try and post some pics tomorrow. :thumbup:

Bobtastic said:
Hi Andy,

Loving your work, two very impressive setups!

Can you tell me what types of moss you're using in this one and where I can get some from?

Hi Bob, thanks for your comments!

In this tank i have

Jave Moss, growing on the wood on the left, tied on with black cotton and trimmed reguarly to give really thick growth.

On the main trunk i have Christmas moss, growing submerged and also emerged.

I also have two types of FIssidens, Fontanus growing on the right on the bogwood and I think its Madagascar growing on the very top.

The mosses i purchased originally from The Green Machine, and the fissidens from memebers on here (A1Matt :thumbup:)

Any more questions about them, give me a shout?

Andy

Just a quick update:

The tank as of this evening:
web.jpg

web.jpg

The Hc has really started to spread, and had responded well to the pruning.
The new inline diffuser is working well and i am getting a much better spread of the co2
web.jpg

Going to have to move this tank in the next few weeks, it got to go in my study. That should be fun, the best bit is thought it going to be on my desk next to my Mac so i will get to see it a lot more! :thumbup:

real nice Andy! :D

these fish are stunning! I think i've made a mistake in buying endlers. I may look at something like these little fellas

saintly said:
real nice Andy! :D

these fish are stunning! I think i've made a mistake in buying endlers. I may look at something like these little fellas

cheers mark, find this tank a challenge as things grow much slower, due to less light and co2. Can't wait for the hc to carpet fully so that it will give the look I am trying to achieve!

The fish are fab they are fully grown at about 15mm, the shoal well and the red is so deep!

you have some lovely tanks now then Andy! :thumbup:
i love your nano cal co2 drop checker, Ive been looking for one all night after seeing yours!! haha
i cant seem to find one on TGM online or aqua essentials?
do you know if they have any in the actual shop? i cant get up there so I'm all online shopping :(

bumcrumb said:
you have some lovely tanks now then Andy! :thumbup:
i love your nano cal co2 drop checker, Ive been looking for one all night after seeing yours!! haha
i cant seem to find one on TGM online or aqua essentials?
do you know if they have any in the actual shop? i cant get up there so I'm all online shopping :(

Thanks for your comments!
I got my cal drop checker from TGM, its a nice piece of glassware.
http://www.thegreenmachineaquatics....s/_DC03/299340/Cal Aqua Labs Nano CO2 Checker

Nice new pictures Andy.

I really like how the stones and driftwood relate to each other. They have a very natural appearance.

hydrophyte said:
Nice new pictures Andy.

I really like how the stones and driftwood relate to each other. They have a very natural appearance.
Hey
Thanks, i am pleased with the stone and wood, initially they looked a little harsh, but now the plants have started to grow it looks a lot better.

Jase said:
Really looks great Andy! Just shows what a great piece of wood can do for a scape :thumbup: Starting to grow in VERY nicely indeed
Hey Jase, i did just buy this piece of wood and then design the scape round it :thumbup:

russchilds said:
Looks really good!!! :D
:thumbup: cheers!

Themuleous said:
Nice Andy, really nice, gonna look sweeeeeeet once its fully matured :thumbup: Sam
Sam, Thanks, cant wait till things fill in a little more, need the main fern in the middle to take a little more shape.

:geek:

So i have put together a little HD video, its good as it allows people to see the mist the inline diffuser creates in my tank when the Co2 is running and i have had several questions about this. Let me know what you think!? o_O

Deep Rooted HD Video

Thanks for looking :thumbup:

Back