• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Deep Rooted' - Andyh's 35l Nano

bazz said:
andyh said:
web.jpg

Microsorium Ferns, really start to look better, been a slow grower but worth it. Cant wait till it dominates the tank a little more :geek:

hi andy,
it doesn't look to me like you will be having to wait much longer :)

Yes, it all of sudden seems to be growing very well! The heavy pruning advice from Graeme at TGM has worked really well.

viktorlantos said:
looks very good. cheers :thumbup:

Cheers Viktor! As i have said before your nano inspired me to create something with ferns. So thankyou! :thumbup:

Themuleous said:
Coming along nicely :)

Sam
Thanks Sam! :D

Well i have just spent the afternoon, moving my setup and cleaning the tank and filter. Moved it into the office now. Looks sweet on my desk, right next to my computer so i can spend hours tinkering with it. The plants in this tank are so healthy, no algae at all. The ADA products proving themselves once again. :geek:
Unfortunately i uprooted a small amount of hc and had to spend a while replanting it. Looks fine now.
Hopefully later this evening, will be able to post some pics of it in its new location. :thumbup:

Dosing update:
35l Tank
Moved onto ADA Green Brighty Step 2, 2ml per day. Also dose ADA Green Gain once per week with water change.
Still dosing 1 ml Brighty K, and 1.5ml easy carbo every day.
Lights 2x18w for 8 hrs and co2 on 2 hours before lights for a total of 7 hours. :geek:

Thanks for looking

Andyh :thumbup:

Ok so here are the pictures, (ignore the Tropica pot of Glosso in the tank, its just waiting to be posted to Paulinkendal). The tank wasn't to difficult to move, it has a base which makes it easier to handle, I drained the tank to about an inch of water and carried it slowly and carefully into the Study. Its great because all the equipment can be hidden below. A real bonus is the fact that i also spend lots of time in the study working etc so will be able to enjoy the tank so much more. :thumbup: :D

So here is where it used to be, in my Snug/games room:
web.jpg

Now moved it into the study:
web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andyh

You have been busy, looks good in the study, and more to the point its were you spend a lot of your time, unless your in the kitchen, with your other project.
Incidentally didnt recognise the "Study ", Have you had a CONTRACT CLEANING COMPANY in since my last visit. :twisted:

The growth is looking good, in particular the narrow leaf java, wish mine would do likewise.

Ooh, the pot of glosso looks lovely, Andy! (Thanks for the PM). I've been clearing out some of my tragic HC in preparation - but take your time posting it, as the longer it's with you, the longer it'll flourish! :lol:

chump54 said:
thats looking great, nice scale.

how much evaporation are you getting? my nano loses about 400-500ml every 24hours. and hows the exposed moss doing, it's a nice touch :)

Chris

Cheers Chris, the evaporation is reduced as it has a plastic condensation tray on it most of the time, which really helps to reduce evap, and fish & shrimp jumping.
bogwood said:
You have been busy, looks good in the study, and more to the point its were you spend a lot of your time, unless your in the kitchen, with your other project.
Incidentally didnt recognise the "Study ", Have you had a CONTRACT CLEANING COMPANY in since my last visit. :twisted:

The growth is looking good, in particular the narrow leaf java, wish mine would do likewise.

Yeah yeah Bogwood, i only tidy my study for important people and i am afraid family don't count! :lol: :lol: The narrow leaf was slow but seems to of got faster once established.
paul.in.kendal said:
Ooh, the pot of glosso looks lovely, Andy! (Thanks for the PM). I've been clearing out some of my tragic HC in preparation - but take your time posting it, as the longer it's with you, the longer it'll flourish!
:lol:
Funny you should say that, as it will be getting another night in the tank due to the fact i have had to go to a site in Birmingham today. But i will be defo posting tomorrow. Sorry! :( But i can assure you that its getting good treatment lots of co2 and ADA goodness :D

Tank is looking great Andy :) I also have my nano on my desk, tweezers next to the tank, and I am always in there moving mosses about lol Thinking about adding a second nano to the desk haha

Wow, I like how it looks but I live it even better in that study! I won't be able to have one in my office though. Something about electronics and health and safety and whatnot :lol:

Tonser said:
Thanks Andy - you've just inspired me to set up my nano again in the office ! Nothing better than having 5mins away from the mac looking for inspiration in an aquascape :lol:

Tony

Glad to of helped! ;) Journal?
LondonDragon said:
Tank is looking great Andy :) I also have my nano on my desk, tweezers next to the tank, and I am always in there moving mosses about lol Thinking about adding a second nano to the desk haha
I know what you mean, i am forever in the tank, tinkering removing individual moss strands! Must get out more! :geek:

Jase said:
That does look superb Andy, those ADA products are doing you proud :thumbup:

I really need to persuade my gaffer to let me have a tank on my desk at work, though I probably get even less done :lol:
Yes the ADA does really work well and really suits me, the tank on the desk thing is great especially now after a couple of weeks living with it :thumbup:

So i had my moss stump coming along nicely! But a few strands of HC had got entangled at the surface in the moss, which i didnt see for a few days and left. Glad i did as its growing really well emerged! Going to see what is does, but so far it looks good!
web.jpg

web.jpg

Going to see how much it will grow, would love to have the stump covered in HC, its growing really well on the moss. :thumbup:

thanks for looking
Andyh

That looks cool andy, as i found HC grows well in it's emergent state. I'm sure this is how it spreads in the wild!

T

Looks great Andy. I've had moss root itself on the water line before. I didn't notice untill I had to remove the hood one time. The moss was growing up a bit of redmoor poking out of the surface (and into the light unit).

hi andy, just thinking of what to put in my kitchen tank when i thought once again about your tank lol.
just a quickly question mate, how did you find the Hydrocotyle Verticillata? how easy it it to plant, care after and trim?
would you recommend??
cheers bud! :thumbup:

TBRO said:
That looks cool andy, as i found HC grows well in it's emergent state. I'm sure this is how it spreads in the wild!
T
You wanna see it now, its tripled in size since this pic was taken :geek:
SteveUK said:
Looks great Andy. I've had moss root itself on the water line before. I didn't notice untill I had to remove the hood one time. The moss was growing up a bit of redmoor poking out of the surface (and into the light unit).
Yes moss is bomb proof! it seems to grow anywhere!
bumcrumb said:
lol, thats very cool :thumbup: . wish i had a tank like that :(
Cheers Dude! :thumbup:
bumcrumb said:
hi andy, just thinking of what to put in my kitchen tank when i thought once again about your tank lol.just a quickly question mate, how did you find the Hydrocotyle Verticillata? how easy it it to plant, care after and trim? would you recommend??
cheers bud! :thumbup:
The HV was excellent plant, fairly easy to plant if you break/cut down into smaller clumps to plant it, with reagrds to care seems fairly straightforward, seems to like a good substrate and CO2. I would recommend it! If you look in my kitchen tank journal it features in lots of the pics.

This tank is superb just wish I had the time and resources to make a tank like that. Its by these journals that people like me get inspiration from. Nice work.

Back