• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deficiency - am I doing this right

nayr88

Hi guys,

Currently having some signs on the leaves that would make me believe I may have a Nitrogen deficiency.
Browning and die back on the tips on the older leaves with slight yellowing of the same leaves to the stem. Picture attached below details.

My current dosing is based on the following EI.

500ml (tap water)
4 tps Potassium Nirtrate
1 tps Postassium Phosphate
6 tps Magnesium Sulfate
1.5 tsp Potassium Sulfate - should I up this to 2 tsp
E202 & E300

I dose 3ml per day

500ml (tap water)
CSM+B sashay - Total of this sashay was 10g and is broken down into the following;
Fe - 7.80% Mn - 2.00% B - 1.40% Zn - 0.40% Cu - 0.10% Mo - 0.06% E202 & E300 (EDTA Chelated)

I dose 0.7ml per day

Now I do have an old bottle of Aqua Rebell 'Makro Spezial N' i have been dosing this @ 0.7ml per day also.
I can add a break down for this fertiliser if needed?

other details that may help
Tank is 30 litre
weekly 50% water changes with 50/50 tap and ro water.
Co2 on 24/7 with diffuser under outlet (nothing other than plants in tank currently and waiting on drop checker fluid)
Filter is 700lph but via lilly pipes BUT good circulation through tank with most leaves moving.

Any help appreciated.

7B563C24-9DCA-42C7-A9D4-7A0F6374798F.jpeg

Attachments

• 6A9E9F6D-4A54-4E5E-BAE4-8CF15F7224E4.jpeg
    6A9E9F6D-4A54-4E5E-BAE4-8CF15F7224E4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 151
I’m not sure how these plants are grown - in or out of water so could this just be a transition stage or no?

Just topped up my mix with a little of each in case I was a bit tight on my teaspoons. Wish I had a scale that would do such small quantity’s.

Anyway, light schedule going down in case it is a co2 distribution problem, feels unlikely with the co2 on 24/7

Thanks everyone

Hi @nayr88,

The speckling of discoloration makes me think that it could be detritus being blown and caught by the leaves (it could also be nutrient *** related).

What output are you using on your filter?

Can we get a full tank shot to get big idea?

***Notice how not EVERY leaf is melting. that means that some leaves may be getting the nutrients they need and others may not; it may be a transition thing and after some time, you will trim these and then only the healthy leaves will remain.

In the meantime, during your next water change rub down all those leaves with your fingers and remove as much gunk as possible from them.

Josh

I'm not seeing much of a problem.

Mainly healthy growth, some yellowing / browning of a small number of lower leaves. Could be some shadowing, some acclimatisation, certainly some diatoms (normal).

Overall looks pretty good.

Edit: The red leafed plant is the only one I'd be concerned by. Looks like it might be struggling - possibly not enough light, but hard to say.

Can you share a picture of the whole tank?

Last edited:
Back