• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deja cube & the wild bunch

<"It is a p.i.t.a."> I'm assuming that it (the Lemna minor) was a bit yellow because of the soft water, both Hygrorhyza aristata and Phyllanthus fluitans looked healthy.

Lemma minor indeed. I did a major cleanup a while ago and I pick them out with tweezers every now and then. Kind of like a Cinderella task. And it keeps coming back!

No big problem tough. Cube tank is more of a mess anyway. Found another unknown floating plant (mystery guest) that will put on here in the ID section. In general the plants seem quite healthy. Except Limnobium laevigatum, which was doing ok in my tanks before, but now withering away. Maybe the air is too dry, could that be a factor?

13AE57E0-79EF-4D86-A917-B0F88C5EFBDD.jpeg

Small update on the killifish-from-eggs-project. The clown killi eggs were a joke. None hatched 🤡.Perhaps the eggs were too old or they needed softer water.

More luck with Notobranchius guentheri. These eggs have been dormant for over a year. And I have about 10 fry now! Feeding with liquid artemia, fresh artemia and vinegar eel. Hope they make it 🤞.

B456BA51-0ABC-45DA-ABA1-FDCB98195C3A.jpeg

Quick rescape after holidays and heatwaves. Without buying new plants or hardscape. I am trying to save up for a proper rescape (and a bigger tank) around Christmas.

I am not too fond of this creation, but it’s growing in. And still struggling to make half decent photos.

654F59FD-1968-4709-8B50-F77BC46113C5.jpeg

Cheers!

Quick rescape after holidays and heatwaves. Without buying new plants or hardscape. I am trying to save up for a proper rescape (and a bigger tank) around Christmas.

I am not too fond of this creation, but it’s growing in. And still struggling to make half decent photos.

View attachment 193737

Cheers!
Just came back to this thread this morning and was wondering how the tank was doing! Looks lovely!

I never showed the cube tank in the home office again… It is doing alright. Rescaped it a week ago, added a piece of Mopani wood in the middle (that was in there before). I am trying to grow nice Bucephalandra in there. No CO2 at the moment, because I have no diffuser and reluctant to buy one. I kind of hope / wish that this tank can thrive without CO2. But I am a bit concerned with the Bucephalandra and Rotala’s.

I keep reusing soil & plants.. Eventually, when I get a bigger tank next to my 45P, this one will have to go.

24060086-514A-43C2-B2D8-2273955C3692.jpeg

So, let’s ask the question, dear readers 🙂, go you think I should get over it, buy another diffuser and start adding CO2 to this tank?

I like the idea of a low tech, no CO2, tank. But bottom line I have to have healthy plants. The light (Amazon led) is not very strong, but flow isn’t either. I dose fertilizer about once a week. Seems to be enough.

I kind of hope / wish that this tank can thrive without CO2. But I am a bit concerned with the Bucephalandra and Rotala’s.
So, let’s ask the question, dear readers 🙂, go you think I should get over it, buy another diffuser and start adding CO2 to this tank?
Buce doesnt need CO2, its essentially just posh anubias.
Rotala rotundifolia might grow happily like a weed or have a lot of issues, usually its one of those two and no inbetween for people.

Thanks for your reply @Hufsa. I have some Rotala Yao Yai in there as well. I think it may be fine as well. Actually the growth form of these Rotala’s is much better in this low light tank compared to the ones my high (er) light and CO2 tank (45p).

Going abroad for a few weeks. I decided to minimalize the scaping and select subset of plants. Let the Rotalas grow!

Family will take care of top-offs, dosing fertilizer and feeding the fish.

60E8C105-A45E-42F5-BFAA-4A48A9547E54.jpeg

Last week I purchased some hardscape materials for the next attempt: horn wood and druid boulders. To be used in the Christmas holidays.

Back