• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deleted

Hi,
It probably a good idea to review the thread CO2 In the planted Aquarium

"Best" will depend on your tank size, your filtration, your lighting and your goals/objective, as well as budget. It's not clear regarding the exact contents of the kit you ordered or what your tank dimensions are so it's difficult to suggest a diffuser/reactor.

Cheers,

Just put the CO2 tubing on the little pipe thats on the bottom, a like this.

Diffuser.jpg

Sam

Hi Mike
Themuleous beat me again :lol:
By the looks of the picture, you just plug your CO2 line into the bottom connection and position it somewhere low down in the tank, preferably somewhere with good flow. It looks like it will act like one of the glass one's you mentioned earlier.
Good luck, but just be prepared for a lot of tweaking of the delivery rates. Took me a while to get mine right, now I always aim for lime green bordering on yellow on the drop checker. The plants are loving it and no livestock casualties as of yet. :D
Might be a good idea to set it up when you've got some time on your hands, maybe at the weekend, as you will need to observe the effect your adjustments are having. Your fish will be the best indicator as to whether you've overdone it or not as they will respond to high CO2 (gasping for air), much quicker than the drop checker changes colour.

Chris

Yeah mine is a nice lime green but not yellow but close!! all my fish are happy....

I actually find this just as good as the Cal Aqua diffuser - I'm currently using one on my 120l and its great. I'm going to be using one on the 300l I'm setting up also.

Sam, I just realised the how it connects and won't work effectively with my Fluval FX5 due to the size of the pipe-work.

I guess I'll stick to my DIY inline heater/reactor set-up for the time being.

Thanks for the confirmation though.

Back