• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deleted

is it a really small diffuser for your size of tank?

if you are pumping a lot of gas through a small surface area then it will 'sing' :D

Hi Mike

I used to have a Daz one that used to drive me nuts with it's constant whistling. I accidentally broke it during maintenance :rolleyes:, but I have now reconfigured my set up and deliver my CO2 via the return pipe from one of my filters, much quieter now :lol: (and more efficient ;) )

Chris

I've found they always chirped. I've only got unbranded diffusers (sold as Rhinox I think). It's not loud, but I have two tanks in my bedroom. I kept the glass diffuser on the main tank, on which the CO2 is turned off at night by a solenoid, and went back to using a Hagen ladder on the tank that has 24 hour (yeast) CO2.

It's just a choice. I can't hear mine in the day, it's only when the room is quiet at night that I noticed it in the first place.

Mark

I have a rhinox 2000 in 160l tank and mine chirps too, no idea as so the BPS but I don't think it's excessive for this particular diffuser, the rhinox 5000 in my other tank doesn't do it though.

Back