• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deleted

i guess it depends a lots on the type of plants, the light duration and the depth of the tank.
in my old tank which was about 1w/gallon (12" deep) the cabomba used to pearl a little bit, that was on a 12 hour light cycle.
the algae in there also used to pearl like no ones business. :lol:

For many people, pearling is not a goal which they set out to achive.
Plants can thrive without pearling as the o2 is diffused into the water quickly if you have high flow around the leaf.
If you wish to see pearling, try turning off the filter for a few minutes and you might see your plants pearling.

Pearling is dependent on plant growth/production of o2, o2 already in the water and flow.

I only get pearling on my HM, which, like Superman said, makes me think that either there is not as much flow to the HM as the other plants or that the HM is the only plant getting enough of the goodies. I assume the first as all my plants are growing well :thumbup:

Superman said:
For many people, pearling is not a goal which they set out to achive.
Plants can thrive without pearling as the o2 is diffused into the water quickly if you have high flow around the leaf.
If you wish to see pearling, try turning off the filter for a few minutes and you might see your plants pearling.

Pearling is dependent on plant growth/production of o2, o2 already in the water and flow.

never really thought flow would have an effect in that way, (kinda obvious really tho i guess!) thats probably why my old tank did that then as the flow was terrible!

i like the new avitar btw! :0)

oswoldy said:
Hi,
Sorry I am not worried that they are not pearling, healthy plants is my first goal! The only reason I ask is that I am unsure as to if my co2 is making a difference. My DC stays green 24/7 even though I stop injecting at night and was just curious if they would ever pearl as this would obviously be a sign that my co2 is doing something.

Regards
Mike

Having a green DC is a good thing and that can remain when you turn it off over night.
Plants will tell you quicker if they're unhappy, so keep an eye out for plant deficiencies and algae.

Back