Deleted

Discussion in 'Plant Help' started by oswoldy, 17 Oct 2009.

1. oswoldy

oswoldy Member

Deleted

Attached Files:

Last edited: 28 Dec 2016
  2. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

Re: What plants will survive best in my tank

Judging by the specs of your tank, I would say you could virtually any plant you wish. For a bushy, stem planted back ground, Rotala sp Green is hard to beat in terms of looks, and ease of growing. You could also consider Micranthemum umbrosum or for a touch of red/orange, consider Ludwigia arcuata. Hemianthus micranthemoides may be a bit small leafed, but would look great, too. These are a few of my personal favourites, and I am sure others will give you more ideas.

Bear in mind that, if you increase your plant mass, particularly with fast growing weeds, it might be an idea to tweek your CO2 and ferts upwards to compensate for the greater demand.

Removing tacky ornaments will be a great help (sorry). There is also a lot of Manzanita wood knocking around on this site, so see if you can get hold of some. It will greatly improve the look of your hardscape. The hardscape will form the back bone of the look of your tank.

Dave.

3. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

Re: What plants will survive best in my tank

Mike

If you want braod leafed plants have a look at the Echinodorus Family. Middle of the road for lighting, fertz and Co2

http://www.tropica.com/productcard.asp?id=073F

http://www.tropica.com/productcard.asp?id=073J

Regards
    Paul

4. oswoldy

oswoldy Member

Deleted

Attached Files:

Last edited: 28 Dec 2016
  5. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

looking much better, i would add some cryptocoryne species in the midground to break up the rocks a bit so it looks as though they have fell into the middle of a jungle :thumbup: