• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle 55l cabinet

Aqua360

Hi,

I've got a dennerle 55l scapers I'm looking to procure a cabinet for, can anyone recommend a cabinet they've used?

The dimensions are 45x34cm,

Thanks!

Previously used Aqua One Inspire 80 cabinets @Aqua360 . They’re wider and deeper than the footprint of the Dennerle 55l. But it does mean the cabinet accommodates a filter and Co2 setup comfortably.

It could be worth considering a custom cabinet. However, that would be a more expensive option.

Not the exact dimensions but I used a IKEA Besta stand for my dennerle 70l with no problems. I cut holes out on the sides to accommodate the hoses from the filter!

I'll check this out! I've had good results in the past with IKEA furniture I've shored up a bit for extra security, this could be interesting...

I'll check this out! I've had good results in the past with IKEA furniture I've shored up a bit for extra security, this could be interesting...
I think they're a great option due to the dennerle sizes being a bit different from the norm! Although they're not the best quality of furniture I had no issues with it. I did however reinforce the insides slightly just to be on the safe side! When I cut the holes it wasn't the neatest of jobs due to the material they use! I just used a stainless steel office desk grommet to cover the hole :)

I use a best for my 35 ltr. First of all I put a nice sheet of treated Ply on the top. Second I cut some cheap Ply to cover most of the back of the unit. Be careful with screw's as it is really easy to overtighten. Maybe glue and screw. This basically stop's the unit from folding under any uneven pressure. Then always attach it to the wall.
I just thought, you probably know this already!

all pond solutions do a nice 45x45cm cabinet.

I've seen this, but not in person...they also sell it on Amazon and the reviews are a bit scary 😬

Do you have firsthand experience with this unit? Cause I would consider it, good price too

Back