• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dennerle Nano Cube 30L and lighting

perrantrevan

Seedling
Hi,

The Dennerle Nano Cubes seem like a very good all-in-one deal. However, the largest (30 litre) one only comes with an 11W light.

Is this actually sufficient for a heavily-planted tank? What could I upgrade the lighting with for such a small tank?

Any ideas appreciated...

Cheers,

P

i am very interested in the lighting situation, as i have a small tank and i want to remove the hood and have some of my own lighting. such as the arcadia arc pods, now being a 10USG tank i will need at least 2 of the 11w ones. but they are soo expensive, does anyone know of a similar product that i can get from an electrical website? a light that clips onto the tank glass. and even better if its more than 11w!

Superfish do clip on lights in 18w version. I use a pair on an 11" cube and find it to be more than enough light, I was growing Blyxia under a single 18w one.
I'm thinking about getting an arc tank using all my stuff from my cube on the 35l version and I'd be tempted to say that 36w will be just as much overkill as it is on my cube.

where do you get yours from?
i found them on B J's pet supples, they are £6.18 each. i take it they fit most sizes of glass, (mine will be thin as its a small cheap tank)

I got mine of ebay, they were more like £20 than £6 though.

Back