Dennerle Nano Cube 30L just sprang a leak

frothhelmet

Moved all my fish to buckets but, wtf. This shouldn't happen should it? Tank is 8.5 years old. Luckily noticed the very beginnings of it while eating lunch. What the hey? What is this puddle doing growing at the tank base? Humbug. Anyone had similar problems with the Dennerle Nano Cubes?

lilirose

I've five of the smaller ones (three 20l and two 30l) with no issues...have had the 20l ones running for more than a year. I actually just planted the second of the 30l without leak testing first. :eek: But I haven't had them for anything like 8.5 years.

Can you locate the leak (bottom or sides)?

Will be watching this thread because if there's an issue with these it's somewhat critical that I find out about it!

PARAGUAY

How long as it been set up know you have had it for 8 years but have you re set it up recently. Sometimes unintentional little thing like a piece of grit under bottom glass and with the water pressure?

frothhelmet

Good point. It's been in its present location for over 4 years. One thing it could be is that the table it's on is not 100% level. The water level is about 1cm higher towards the front. It also seems like the leak came from the front as well.

castle

I can't comment much on this, but for the tank I plan to have built in the next couple of years I'm looking at metal frames. A bit excessive, but a leak would make me lose all faith in structural integrity. Silicone has improved a lot over the years though, rare to see modern high end tanks leak.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Imorpher Cabinet options for a 30L cube Hardware & DIY 6