• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Departing.

mr. luke

In a few months ill be leaving all you guys and gals.
I may be able to sneak on every now and then but I wont be 'active'.

Mum found herself a new man a while ago, and a change in circumstances means we are moving in with him.
Hes a great guy, lives in the middle of nowhere though.
Problem lies in that his house is huge, but there isnt one place where my 600l will fit, damn radiators.
So thats that one gone.
It was good of him to let me keep one tank considering its entirely his house and has been for 30 years :lol:
Im currently battling with mum to see if I can keep my scubacity instead of my nano but its not a great outlook.

It also disrupts my parkour living in the middle of nothing.

And we wont have broadband :thumbdown:

The plus side is he grows tropical plants :woot: So his greenhouse is heated and im allowed to grow what i like in there (behave, I mean emmersed plants).

So im going to start growing crypts and swords for reselling as my new hobby..... see if I cant carpet his entire wet tray in hc too (woo, 12 foot of hc).

Im not grabbing attention here im just letting you know so things are clearer.

Thanks for being sucha great community :)

What a pain! Maybe once he sees the tank you can keep he may be happier about a larger tank? If he's in to his plants then that might sway him! Make sure you always up the positives without overdoing it!

Hey mr.luke,

Shame about you having to downsize your hobby considerably, but much pleasure can be had from a nano. Nice of your new homeowner to let you carry on your hobby in his home. Maybe once he sees how much pleasure you get from your smaller tank and growing/aquascaping with plants, he may come around to the idea of upgrading.

In the meantime, thanks for all your contributions to UKAPS during your time here, it is really appreciated.

I hope to see you pop on now and again and let us know how you're getting on.

All the best,
George

Best of luck Luke :) I'm sure you'll be able to keep a nano going somewhere :) The tropical growing room sounds ideal to have some fun growing some interesting plants. Sounds like this chap might be able to impart some growing knowledge aswell maybe?

Thanks for the encouragement.
Not much chance of an upgrade I dont think, but who knows ;)
Plan for my nano is some very high grade crs.
I need the challenge now im cutting down :lol:

What a shame. But, if he likes your tank, he might let you upgrade and/or even get one himself!

Oh, and which side of Lincoln are you? I'm in Louth so if you have any spare tanks/plants/fish I will gladly buy them!

Thanks, Celestial.

No idea what side I'm on :lol:
If your willing i have 2 tanks for sale with equipment and fish :D
Check it out on the for sale section.

All the best luke,I'm sure you will be able to sway him one day,I think the chance to grow some emersed plants sounds good,
take care young man,
regards john.

Sad to hear Luke, im sure it wont be long til im forced to stop from lack of money and goin to university :arghh:

Luke - your parkour sounds interesting. I've happened across people doing that in the street a couple of times and it looks amazing. I guess you must be uber fit to do that.

Good luck with everything, an emersed setup on a decent scale sounds like a good thing to get your teeth into.

AdAndrews said:
Sad to hear Luke, im sure it wont be long til im forced to stop from lack of money and goin to university :arghh:

Don't let uni stop you.
I still had my 3 foot tank when I was in student accommodation. I drew the line while living in a YMCA though! :lol:

Ive started making a sampler (video) of me training parkour, i might post it up when its done ;)

I like your style but that wont happen :lol:
Im allowed a nano, so ill do everything in my power to keep it going strong, and if i cant sell my tanks, i guess ill have to store them for later use :rolleyes:

mr. luke said:
I like your style but that wont happen :lol:
Im allowed a nano, so ill do everything in my power to keep it going strong, and if i cant sell my tanks, i guess ill have to store them for later use :rolleyes:

If you have a chance to store them then I would go for that :thumbup:

mr. luke said:
Ive started making a sampler (video) of me training parkour, i might post it up when its done ;)

Bit of a blast from the past, a guy that I went to school with makes a living from free running. He's got the Guiness record for human scales :lol:. His names Scott young if you've heard of him? Can't be too many of you guys?

Yeh ive heard of him :)
2 of my close friends make a living teaching parkour to youngsters at youth groups.
£20 an hour aint to shabby for a pair of 21 year olds :rolleyes:

Back