• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Desperate call for Plant ID

CherryX

Seedling
Hey Guys, a newbie here in every sense of the word. I am only 3 weeks old into aquarium anything. But I am totally fired up about cycling and setting up a green eco system inside my 20 gallon tank! No fish yet.

I've bought three plants - Egaria Densa, Bacopa Caroliniana and XXX (See the pic here)! Visited 3 petstores with pics and even the guy who sold me this cannot correctly tell me what plant it is (I live in Dubai - so there is very little "expert" help from local stores). I would be highly indebted if any of you could kindly help me ID this plant. Not knowing if its a root or stem feeder, I am bound to kill this off eventually. I have a gravel subtrate and I only want "stem feeder", prefer not to add soil.
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-05 at 21.28.40.jpeg
20201005_205637.jpg

Thank you in advance!:joyful:
NN

Hi, welcome to the site.

I'm not the best with aquatic plant id's but it looks similar to penthorum sedoides. Hopefully one of the forums plant experts can give you a better id. @Mick.Dk @dw1305 @Tim Harrison

Massive help guys.

Nailed it Hogan53 - wasn't expecting it to be Water Wisteria but turns out it's exactly that. Weird guys just grew totally different leaves out of clear blue sky. Now I'm even more pumped to nurture them. Hopefully they can grow well!

Does floating work with WW? I've a mid sized gravel subtrate. Hopefully it picks up with liquid ferts.

Thanks a lot Hogan53. Love this plant a bit more now. Preparing to watch it shed its boring, "vanilla" leaves for sexier ones! ;)

Back