• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Destination: South-America

xtevo

Hello folks!
I've decided to share my journal here also, not just on the forum of my country (Hungary), I hope you don't mind. ;)
At first I wanted a south-american biotope, the main idea remain the same, but you will realise it from the photos, it became a much more different.
My biggest criticist are my family, believe me... they told me, that tea color water is ugly, I have to do something with it, the fish don't like it, they said... :p

As I said, I tried to create a South-American layout, but sometimes I had to make some excuses, so not 100% biotope accurate. It's a very low-tech, low budget scape, and will upgrade the technical stuff soon, but my other project (soon I will publish this also) was the primary.

The facts:

AQUARIUM
80x35x50 8mm float glass
FILTRATION
Eheim PickUP 2010
LIGHTING
Exo Terra Glow Light (PT2056) - E27 32W 6400k 2055lumen!
HEATING
Jager 150W
COOLING
House AC
HUMIDIFIER
Powerful made in China
SUBSTRATE
Riversand
DECORATION/LAYOUT
red moor branches
FERTILIZERS
none
FLORA
Emersed area:
- Echinodorus Bleheri
- Echinodorus Ozelot
- Spathiphyllum M
- Spathiphyllum XL
- Tillandsia cyanea
- Tillandsia usneoides
- Anthurium
FAUNA
20 pcs Hyphessobrycon flammeus

Feel free to comment. :thumbup:

Very nice indeed Steve. Good to see someone trying a tall emersed tank rather than that terrible shallow fad that's been going around :p

Hopefully those emergents will enjoy the fogging and stay lush (mine often end up a bit brown at the tips due to low humidity).

BigTom said:
Very nice indeed Steve. Good to see someone trying a tall emersed tank rather than that terrible shallow fad that's been going around :p
Hopefully those emergents will enjoy the fogging and stay lush (mine often end up a bit brown at the tips due to low humidity).
Thank You! ;) I agree... that terrible shallow tank, like yours or Alastair's... :D To be honest, that gave me so much inspiration.
Unfortunately my humidifier went wrong recently, so I have to buy another one... I hope my plants will survive until I manage to buy it. I'm a bit lucky with the emersed plants, what are in the hanging pots, because they are normal plants, what I have grown in the room, without any special need. But I do worry about the ones close to the wood. :rolleyes:

BigTom said:
Yeah, I really should get around to finishing off the emergent section on mine... been meaning to do it for months and in the meantime Alistair is hogging all the bloody shallow tank limelight.
Exactly! :) By the way how is your tank going? Haven't seen an update for ages...

BigTom said:
Growing in really nice at the mo. Still having some issues with cloudy water which I'm slowly getting on top of, will do a full update around Christmas probably (will be 3 years old then!).
Ahh... we have to wait until christmas, that's torture buddy! :D 3 years, that's a long-long time... I'm very proud of You. Usually I change the layouts twice a year, :p but the current one will keep longer, for sure.

Really really like this. Don't know how I missed it but its looking great
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, that was a massive compliment. ;)
I will rescape the tank in the near future ~2-3 weeks, because I'm not satisfied with the layout under the waterlevel. I have managed to bought another lighting and an external filter as well, only waiting for some decoration materials. ;)

Those plants look happy in there! I look forward to seeing the rescape.

Back