• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Destination: South-America

Yes that is a real nice plant. Do you have it planted in substrate? Tillandsia in general should not be planted in any kind of substrate. They should instead be mounted on surfaces such as rock or driftwood. They can start to rot quickly if planted in substrate.

Yes that is a real nice plant. Do you have it planted in substrate? Tillandsia in general should not be planted in any kind of substrate. They should instead be mounted on surfaces such as rock or driftwood. They can start to rot quickly if planted in substrate.
It was planted in a ceramic cup before I have taken them into akadama substrate, there are some new growth, roots, I have seen it. I have another tillandsia called "Tillandsia usnoides" this doesn't require substrate, just hanged on the background. Pretty nice also.

Long-long time, since I have updated this journal, because lack of free time, and it didn't go as planned I have decided to tear this scape down. But I haven't changed my mind about that paludarium project. ;)

So here it is, how it looks, this is temporary! Still waiting for the answer from my "personal aquarium maker". :)

8666304674_764b6bdfdd_z.jpg
Roomview - 2013.04.20 by [stevo], on Flickr

8665205321_2637c80571_z.jpg
Preview by [stevo], on Flickr

and my favorite:
8665205227_a5dc7726a1_z.jpg
Sneaky sideview by [stevo], on Flickr

Back