• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Destruction of a Dennerle tank

TDI-line

Following on from my Smelly tank thread, i've decided to remove the Dennerle heating cables, and remove the Deponit mix substrate and gravel for ADA AS Amazonia.

So here's a few photos of this weeks upheavel which i was not looking forward too.

Firstly the original tank.

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

Then i transfered the tank's stock to my temporary setup in my garage, and returned the congo tetras to my lfs.

Then out came the plants..

Blxya Japonica...

DSC00320.jpg

Crypts and P. Helferi..

DSC00321.jpg

Stems and Crypt Balansae..

DSC00322.jpg

At last the heating cables are free..

DSC00324.jpg

A few bags of Amazonia thanks to Richard at AE. ;)

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

And the left over gravel. Many thanks to SpladingAquatics for collecting this.

DSC00326.jpg

And lastly just a quick peek at the hard scape..

DSC00329.jpg

good to see you didnt skimp on the ada AS, but didnt you get the power sand?

looks great though.looked fab before!

if you ever have to much blyxia, you can allways throw it my way ;)

Yippe - no heating cables. Now you can look forward to exactly the same amount of growth as you had before. lol

Good luck. I think the hardscape looks good (from what we can see ;))

Andy

I wouldn't worry about powersand, as far as I can tell it's all hype.

Saintly, no ada PS, i did some research, and was advised that the benefits would be very minimal. Also had to consider the cost also.

Did you count how many bags of AS there was?

SC, new journal will follow.

TDI-line said:
i did some research, and was advised that the benefits would be very minimal.

wow, where did you hear tha? just curious. i wont use it myself in the future if thats the case. it is expensive! :)

saintly said:
TDI-line said:

wow, where did you hear tha? just curious. i wont use it myself in the future if thats the case. it is expensive! :)

All over the Internet. There's been plenty of debate about it, including on here.

Looking forward to seeing your new 'scape, Dan. It'll be nice and mature when I see it in the flesh, maybe?

George Farmer said:
saintly said:
TDI-line said:

All over the Internet. There's been plenty of debate about it, including on here.

Looking forward to seeing your new 'scape, Dan. It'll be nice and mature when I see it in the flesh, maybe?

Just read on here about the PS, and the quality of the Aqua soil is far better then anything i've seen, and after buying 14 bags, enough said really. ;)

Hopefully the tank will be coming on very well be then George. Your welcome any time bud.

Just waiting for my Aquamas CO2 reactor to arrive, and also have removed one of my eheim external filters but added a Tunze power head for increased circulation.

Back