• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diary of a Rather Large Tank

:D Wow just seen this thread. What an awesome tank.......weeeeerrreallgointdieinhell. Build it and they will come :rolleyes:

Plants: Me personally, I would have to have some massive mega tiger lillies in there just so that you could see the beautiful shoal of Turqouise Discus shoaling about underneath them.........sorry did I suggest Discus fish 8) ...well I never.

Good luck with this, will be keeping an eye open for the developments.

Steve.

I'm sorry for the delay in updating,there's been a lot of 'life stuff' going on :rolleyes:

Anyway,we chickened out of the high tech,CO2 system in the end,at least for now,but the tank has been set up for a while now and seems fine.We currently have 3 x 150w halides but the tank still doesn't look very bright so we may experiment with another one.

Despite soaking the wood for several weeks/months in our koi pond one piece has still leached tannins into the water,but it doesn't look too bad and I'm doing large water changes twice a week.

The fish we moved over have settled well,our wild caught festivums have already spawned,so they must be happy.

Now the tank is up and running it's worth all the waiting and worrying (and paying),but I think if it were a high tech system with lots of fast growing stem plants it would be very time consuming indeed,so we may well leave things as they are - but never say never,watch this space!

bigtank001-1.jpg

bigtank004.jpg

Holy tank batman!!! That thing is a monster, but I love it! I have a 125 gallon and that is tough enough to maintain.

and now? Five and a half months later..........

What happened, it was looking so good? :(

Please update us.

Regards

Simon

What a shame! Will we ever find out?

my word...i would have to win the lottery to get the ok from my GF to have a tank that big...i am sooooo green!

Back