• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diatom dilemma...

Quick update; I intend to get a short video or photo (seem to find it hard to get a decent tank photo) uploaded which I hope might be useful in getting advice on flow levels. I also bought a Up in-line device which I will fit once it arrives. I think to compensate for any flow restriction fitting it might have, I will remove some of the filter media, as I have loads in there at the moment. I will take the video before I make any of these changes though so the 'before and after' effect can be judged.

Still not a squeak of algae to be seen by the way!:)

I'm eagerly awaiting these as my setup is similar, with similar problems and am now thinking of going back to T8 bulbs instead of T5HO

Oh dear! I apologise in advance about the quality of this video! Not sure how useful this will be in determining my flow levels....

Mmm not sure the photos are much of an improvement...:facepalm: There's obviously a knack to getting good tank shots that I don't have:(. Still you get the general idea, the other plant that has definitely improved since making the changes is the L cardinalis. I'll update once I get the in-line Co2 sorted to see if that brings things round. At the moment I seem unable to grow the stems I like. I want to have another go at growing L. Aromatica after I melted the last lot!

Yeah, I agree, that looks fine. Now you can make adjustments to the gas injection rate and timing.

Cheers,

Okay, well then I think that brings this thread to a close. Thanks for all the help and advice.
Reuben

Back