• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Did i really avoided nitrogen cycle ?

eminor

Hello, a month ago I decided to change the soil of the aquarium, so I kept the filter, the water of the aquarium which i kept in jerrycans ( i added 20% of fresh water, because the sand soil keep a lot of water), changing everything lasted less than 3 hours, does it really avoid a new cycle or it is a legend? thx

Hello, a month ago I decided to change the soil of the aquarium, so I kept the filter, the water of the aquarium which i kept in jerrycans ( i added 20% of fresh water, because the sand soil keep a lot of water), changing everything lasted less than 3 hours, does it really avoid a new cycle or it is a legend? thx
Hi @eminor If I understand correctly, you reused the filter ((without cleaning it hopefully) and a most of the water from an established tank (i.e. your tank with but with different soil) ? I know from other of your posts that you have plenty of plants as well, so I would say there is a pretty good chance of that working out - unless the soil you put in going to leach out a lot of ammonia - in that case you probably want to quarantine your livestock for a longer period of time in addition to what I assume your planning to do already. What type of soil did you put in?

Cheers,
Michael

Hi @eminor If I understand correctly, you reused the filter ((without cleaning it hopefully) and a most of the water from an established tank (i.e. your tank with but with different soil) ? I know from other of your posts that you have plenty of plants as well, so I would say there is a pretty good chance of that working out - unless the soil you put in going to leach out a lot of ammonia - in that case you probably want to quarantine your livestock for a longer period of time in addition to what I assume your planning to do already. What type of soil did you put in?

Cheers,
Michael
hi, i rescaped a bit, so the plant where removed, i have now fluval stratum

hi, i rescaped a bit, so the plant where removed, i have now fluval stratum
Hi @eminor, But the plants are back in I assume? I do not know about the properties of fluval stratum - I do believe it is somewhat degradable over time, but I am not sure if it leaches ammonia etc. I am sure someone familiar with the matter will chime in.

Cheers,
Michael

Hi @eminor, But the plants are back in I assume? I do not know about the properties of fluval stratum - I do believe it is somewhat degradable over time, but I am not sure if it leaches ammonia etc. I am sure someone familiar with the matter will chime in.

Cheers,
Michael
they are back in but i trimmed them after planting, it's been a month, cycle should be finished soon is there is one ? i think

Last edited:
Back