• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Difference between TMC ADA SIGNATURE

krazypara3165

Evening chaps. I have finally come to the conclusion that my discus tank will never bee the planted paradise ive dreamed of due to the difficulty of balancing the needs of the fish with the needs of the plant.

So I have decided to treat myself to a new optiwhite and a stand specifically for scaping.

However there seems to be huge price differences between the few brands.
I have found a signature 600x450x450 and a stand for around the 280 mark, yet a 60p and stand is closer to the 500 mark

Can anyone shed some light on the subject?

I was looking at both these models and the only difference really is price, with ada your paying for the name imo

Mark

Ime there's not much difference in the quality, I know I own the signature, but having seen the 60p and stand in real life the only thing slightly better is the stand you'll get with the 60p. The tank isn't much different though, the silicone on them both are about the same. The signature is a steal really.

esegytar.jpg

a2aquge6.jpg

umajy7eh.jpg

Say what you want about ADA. I still felt all warm inside when I saw my baby.

Say what you want about ADA. I still felt all warm inside when I saw my baby.

That's because you've spent your money on it, you were hardly gonna have it turn up, look at it and go 'meh'. I'm sure in some countries you could buy an arm and a leg down the market for the money you paid out.

Go for the TMC over ADA all day long, and spend the difference on all your substrate, plants, ferts, fish etc etc

With ADA you are paying a premium because of who Amano is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also consider the 60x30x45 TMC Signature.

The shallower 30cm height makes it much easier to maintain, easier to provide good circulation, better light at the substrate and more opportunity for exposed wood and emergent plants. I'm also not sure if the 60x45x45 is available in clear silicone - but I could be wrong.

With regards quality of glass and silicone - there's no difference TMC vs ADA. Just a different sticker really, and price.

BTW, please let's not start an ADA-bashing thread. Most of us know a premium is paid for a luxury brand, and ADA is no exception. :)

That's because you've spent your money on it, you were hardly gonna have it turn up, look at it and go 'meh'. I'm sure in some countries you could buy an arm and a leg down the market for the money you paid out.

Go for the TMC over ADA all day long, and spend the difference on all your substrate, plants, ferts, fish etc etc

With ADA you are paying a premium because of who Amano is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's also because I saved hard money for it. I will be definitely on a lot less money than a lot of people on here.
I bought into a brand, a brand who has pushed the nature aquarium to where it is today. Not imitations of ADA.
I'm not advising someone to buy, I'm just sharing my experience. I'm happy with what I bought, regardless of what anyone has to say.

And George, I recall you saying , 'I'm selling my TMC signature, to purchase a NA complete setup, because I can't afford ADA' Or something along them lines. :lol:

Cheers,
N

Don't know if I'm out of line here, tell me if I am. But I was talking to ed at aquajardin in Glos. Don't know if your on a budget but he has an ex display optiwhite looked similar to measurements. it needs a reseall along the back I think but you could probably get it for under £100 if you like I ring him now and find out the spec and condition.

Hi Nathaniel,

No, I never said I was selling my TMC Signature.

But I did say I was getting an NA.

And I did say I couldn't afford an ADA.

My comments were tongue-in-cheek. I'll try to make it clearer in future. :)

Apologise, I thought you said you were selling your TMC.

I suppose as long as the purchaser is happy, it doesn't really matter.

I chose to make my own cabinet as the ADA ones are EXTREMELY expensive. But making my own means I can choose whatever finish I want. Be it a wood veneer or stainless steel Formica. I'm lucky to have the equipment to do so.

Tanks a 60cm x 40cm x40cm just rang them:)'

That's basically what I said, I think.

Almost. But you made it sound like I had bought it for the sake of doing so, as if money wasn't an issue.

It was, and I chose to save to buy the one I wanted. :)

That makes the tank feel even more special too.

George is correct in thinking that the TMC 600x450x450 only come with black silicone as I found out, although it's no hardship as is so neat and very litle of it :)

Hello

You can all say what you think but NA tanks are great quality and best price. Ironic that it is even better than TMC

For me TMC is like Ikea, so please dont even compare ADA with TMC, it may hurt Amano very much.

I went with tmc..... if I wasn't recently married It would have been ada. each to their own

ant

Back