• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Different coloured wood

ForestDave

Hi.
I’ve acquired a random selection of wood, some dark, some light and one or more grey/brown. Is this likely to look horrific in a tank under strong lights or does it all generally mesh together once planted and dappled with moss?

Attachments

• 70A0B201-025F-43CD-9F28-2560271E6D5E.jpeg
    70A0B201-025F-43CD-9F28-2560271E6D5E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 143
Hi.
I’ve acquired a random selection of wood, some dark, some light and one or more grey/brown. Is this likely to look horrific in a tank under strong lights or does it all generally mesh together once planted and dappled with moss?

It should all go fairly dark once it's waterlogged, and look fairly similar. I have a mixture of several difference types of wood in my tank, and they all look pretty similar now, even though some pieces were pretty light at the start like your spiderwood. Also if you are planting heavily, once moss and plants have grown, you might not end up seeing much of it anyway.

Last edited:
Back