• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Different flow values on the box and the pump ?

eminor

Hello, there is a wake maker on the box it say 6w 1000 l/h, on the pump itself it say 6w Qmax : 4000l/h

What value to trust, i want the pump but can't determine why the values are different ? anybody know ? thx

55.png 56.jpg

Hi, I would "trust" the pump. The boxes will be the same pictures for every model and someone probably forgot to change all the infomation. The pump should have a more accurate flow rate, although they tend to be ball park figures, because each model has its own stickers.

Edit, after a quick look on their site I'm not sure I was right as their descriptions on the pump all say 6 watts 1000 lph. The boxes state the same info on the sides as well so it wasn't a simple cockup. Their larger 6000 lph model is 20 watts which is a big increase so your probably does only push 1000 lph. You should be able to tell if you run it in a bucket of water because 4000 lph makes quite a push.

Last edited:
If this pump manages 4000 lph with 6W then it would be a very efficient pump (and at a very low price). It might be the case, but this is very likely a 1000 lph pump and is advertised as so in online shops. Plus, the 600 lph version is called HWM 2000 not HWM 600...

Back