• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

different tube size

db178tool

Seedling
Hi all

I have a APS EF1000 canisster filter. It works great but it uses 15mm pipe. I'd like to change the inlet and outlet pipes but most seem to require 16mm pipe. Am i safe to change to 16mm pipe?

After thinking about it, I would just fit the 16mm hose direct to the filter outlets/inlet. You may need to put a jubilee clip on them, just get pipes hot with boiling water first and don't over tighten the jubilee clip or it may break the fitting. You may even find the 16mm hose fits fine after heating with the standard fittings supplied with the filter.

After thinking about it, I would just fit the 16mm hose direct to the filter outlets/inlet. You may need to put a jubilee clip on them, just get pipes hot with boiling water first and don't over tighten the jubilee clip or it may break the fitting. You may even find the 16mm hose fits fine after heating with the standard fittings supplied with the filter.
I am just wondering if my filter is too much for my tank. It is a 125 litre tank and flow rate is 1000l p/h which is 8 times flow. As i understand it should be 4/5 times?

I am just wondering if my filter is too much for my tank. It is a 125 litre tank and flow rate is 1000l p/h which is 8 times flow. As i understand it should be 4/5 times?

The flow will be fine, once full of media, running with head height etc, you will be lucky if you get half the stated flow.

The more flow you can get going through the tank (without causing problems for fish etc) the better, I have 1 tank which is 25 litres and I have around 1100lph of filter and powerheads running in it.

The flow will be fine, once full of media, running with head height etc, you will be lucky if you get half the stated flow.

The more flow you can get going through the tank (without causing problems for fish etc) the better, I have 1 tank which is 25 litres and I have around 1100lph of filter and powerheads running in it.

The problem i have is that the fish keep to one end of the tank, furthest from the outflow, and if they go near it they start to struggle.

Back