• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diffuser problem

gratts

Hi all. I've got my regulator etc sorted, but broke my Rhinox 2000 while trying to remove the co2 tubing (they seem very fragile!) So I thought I'd try out this diffuser, see how I get on:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Aquarium-3-Spiro- ... dZViewItem

But no CO2 is coming out? :?: I think at first the red check valve was stuck against the glass, but I managed to get some water into the tube and unstick it, and it now moves up and down freely. I've tried anything upto 10 bubbles a second a force something out the ceramic plate, but nothing ever seems to. Not really sure what the problem is, whether it's dud, or something I'm doing wrong.

Cheers
Paul

You might want to try bleaching it just in case there's some sort of blockage, but it could be a duff one. Maybe e-mail the seller and see what he says?

Just had a thought, you say you're going up to 10bps. Is this steady? I mean where is the CO2 going? You might want to check you haven't got any leaks anywhere as once I push the bps up too far I find the silicone tubing in the tank pops off and gives the fish a surprise!!!

Ok, I'll try some bleach and see what happens. What ratio of bleach to water would be suitable?
Well the bubble rate is steady without the diffuser on - if I just leave it coming out the CO2 tubing into the water it maintains that rate. But then again with the diffuser on I don't see where it can be going if it isn't diffusing out!

Cheers
Paul.

The diffuser creates a lot of pressure so the CO2 could be leaking as it is forces out. When you take the diffuser off the it's got relatively little pressure so will bubble out in the tank. I'd really check all the joints carefully for leaks. Use some washing up liquid and water.

As to bleaching, I just dump pure cheap houehold bleach on the ceramic plate and leave for 20 mins or so. Then I wash it thoroughly and give it a soak for 20 minutes or so.

Back