• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

diffuser size

Jamess

hey would a rhinox 1000 be ok in a 180 litre tank i cant find anywhere with the 2000 or 5000 in stock and am unsure on other brands

I run a nano diffuser on a 250lt tank with no problems. Diffuser size is something I find frustrating personally when looking at shops. The size of the diffuser is almost irrelevant, certainly for smaller tanks i.e. less than 300-400lt. If it were me I'd get the 1000, if you position it correctly it'll work fine.

Sam

I'm with Sam. I think they put the 'recommended tank size' label on them to tempt people towards the larger ones and make a little more cash.

To get the 'full disc' output you see in the adverts is easier with smaller diffusers than they state. I personally think they are pushing 10-15bps through their diffusers for the advert effect.

My Rhinox 2k only comes out of one side from 3-4bps which is fine as it is all the CO2 needed and still does what it is there for but with the Nano ones 3-4bps gives the 'aesthetic' pleasure of full disc output.

AC

Back