• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diffuser stop working

Brad123

It's strange yesterday working fine turn it off last night whe. Lights went out turn it on this morning went to work came home tonight and not a bubble in the tank got nearly 2 bar pressure behind it and nothing I'm lost. I broke the top of and have reglued it back on still nothing. IMG_20210524_180545.jpg IMG_20210524_180807.jpg

Got it shocking in hot water with the gas on still nothing have bought another 1 arriving tomorrow has this ever happened to anyone
IMG_20210524_184112.jpg

Are you sure the problem isn't with your solenoid or needle valve? Those have moving parts to go wrong whist your diffuser does not.
Don’t have a solenoid valve, from the needle valve goes to a bubble counter then nrv to the diffuser. Connect to straight to the bubble counter and will stop bubbling. Been working fine for 4 week on a diy co2 so low pressure.

Hi,
The disk may have gotten clogged with algae or other debris. Do you regularly clean it by soaking in bleach?

Cheers,
No I've not done that think you might be onto something have been cleaning the algae off with a toothbrush. Will give that a go tonight
Cheers

Place the diffuser in a bowl with bleach and water, maybe 10-20% bleach, and let it soak for a few hours, then let it stand in dechlorinated water a few hours. You can leave it attached to the co2 and I'd let the co2 bubbles run when standing it in the water to help push the remains of bleach out

Last edited:
Don’t have a solenoid valve, from the needle valve goes to a bubble counter then nrv to the diffuser. Connect to straight to the bubble counter and will stop bubbling. Been working fine for 4 week on a diy co2 so low pressure.
With your set up being DIY it could be that your pressure has dropped too low to produce the co2 from the diffuser.

OK so soaked it for 24 hours still nothing. Brought it to work took it a part again. Sanded the stone to get the glue off in the middle their a 3mm hole so opened it up a little with a drill put glue it back together and it works again.
IMG_20210526_085845_edit_834440976279964.jpg IMG_20210526_085633_edit_834418085634655.jpg
IMG_20210526_090913.jpg IMG_20210526_093903.jpg IMG_20210526_093444.jpg

OK so soaked it for 24 hours still nothing. Brought it to work took it a part again. Sanded the stone to get the glue off in the middle their a 3mm hole so opened it up a little with a drill put glue it back together and it works again.
I'm sure there are better diffusers out there. Check our sponsors. You shouldn't need to rebuild the unit to make it work.

Cheers,

I'm sure there are better diffusers out there. Check our sponsors. You shouldn't need to rebuild the unit to make it work.

Cheers,
Yes you are right. Have got a new 1 in the tank and is working lovely.
I’m a fitter by trade so like the fix things that are not working or try to work out what’s wrong with things and then make it right. So know I’ve got 2

Back