• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diffuser under intake - splutter from spray bar.

the Guru!

Ok, so i have my diffuser under my intake, filter runs smoothly, but every now and again it has a big ol' splutter and what looks like a load of CO2 comes gushing out of the spray bar.

Could this end up as 'CO2 Fluctuation' and an Algae farm because of this?

Does anybody else using this method have this problem?

Varies ALOT, somtimes its a huge splutter every few mins, somtimes it doesnt do it for ages.

Hi.You are getting a build up for co2 in your filter thats why it splutters now and then.You find there is still a build up of co2 in your filter(which is putting some strain on your filter)and when it reaches a high build up of pressure in the filter some of it escapes.You would be better of moving the diffuser under the spray bar or better still get cal aqua in line diffuser(one less thing in your tank to).Hope this helps.

clint24 said:
Hi.You are getting a build up for co2 in your filter thats why it splutters now and then.You find there is still a build up of co2 in your filter(which is putting some strain on your filter)and when it reaches a high build up of pressure in the filter some of it escapes.You would be better of moving the diffuser under the spray bar or better still get cal aqua in line diffuser(one less thing in your tank to).Hope this helps.

The inline diffusers are a stupid price imo. For a little bit of glass :/

I did have it under the spray bar, but it didnt seem to be getting pushed/blown around very much at all... most of it was goin streight to the top of the tank.

Back