• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diffusion idea that works!

Coiln3107

Hi guys, just sharing an idea that i implemented a few weeks ago in my 260l heavily planted tank. I have 2 drop checkers in the tank and have never managed to get really equal diffusion because of the plants and large pieces of bogwood. I bought a Maxijet MP 1200 powerhead and removed the air inlet tube and replaced it with the co2 tube from the bubble counter (fits straight in and a really good fit) and switched on with the powerhead set at one end half way down the tank. Perfect directable micro bubbles and lots of them. The tunze circulation pump picks them up at the other end and within a few minutes the tank is saturated in micro bubbles as the tunze appears to smash them up again as well as circulate them round and round.
I have also now reduced the bubble count as it appears that I am losing less gas because the diffusion appears to be much better, I noted that the bubbles take longer to reach the surface. I hope this helps anybody struggling to get the bubbles to go round regards Colin.

Coiln3107 said:
Hi guys, just sharing an idea that i implemented a few weeks ago in my 260l heavily planted tank. I have 2 drop checkers in the tank and have never managed to get really equal diffusion because of the plants and large pieces of bogwood. I bought a Maxijet MP 1200 powerhead and removed the air inlet tube and replaced it with the co2 tube from the bubble counter (fits straight in and a really good fit) and switched on with the powerhead set at one end half way down the tank. Perfect directable micro bubbles and lots of them. The tunze circulation pump picks them up at the other end and within a few minutes the tank is saturated in micro bubbles as the tunze appears to smash them up again as well as circulate them round and round.
I have also now reduced the bubble count as it appears that I am losing less gas because the diffusion appears to be much better, I noted that the bubbles take longer to reach the surface. I hope this helps anybody struggling to get the bubbles to go round regards Colin.

Sounds a good idea, anybody else doing this type of thing?

andyh said:
Coiln3107 said:
Sounds a good idea, anybody else doing this type of thing?

It is a good idea, but there are an awful lot of people who don`t like the sight of bubbles flying around the tank, and have gravitated towards using reactors.

Dave.

Back