• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Diffusion problems again!

Aeropars

Hi guys,

I came hope the other day after upping my CO2 slightly and noticed that the inline reactor (the one i posted on previous threads) was about half full of gas. With previous reactors i've easily been able to kill fish with CO2 injection but with this one I seem to struggle to get co2 to a level where its ok for the plants.

I'm slightly concerned as I'm going to be giving EI a go again soon and i know this relies on co2 being up at 30ppm. The drop checker in my tank is normally green although maybe not as bright as it should be. If anyone needs to see it i'll stick some white plastic behind it and take a picture so you can see.

I'm using an Eheim pro 2 which should have good enough flow for this reactor.

Does anyone have any idea on how i can get better diffusion? Having spent a lot of cash on it i dont want to have to change it.

Lee

Hi Lee,
I agree with JamesC in that the only way to eliminate the gas buildup is to increase the water flow rate through the unit. That either means a higher rated filter or a dedicated pump configured in a "closed loop". Either way it'll require more hardware I reckon unless you can somehow port that gas buildup back into the inlet. This is not a unique problem with external reactors. They all do this if the water flow is two low.

Cheers,

Back