• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DIFUSER PROBS

chilled84

:!: new subject, my difuser, I have the spirel type, But i have an anoying build up of co2 wich realeases ever 2 mins or so from the top chamber. I have added 16 chamber now in hope that it would stop due to difuseion, But not matter how many i have it just dont stop. Any help please as i think its anoying and proberly is a waste of co2! :(

Re: Reading jbl reg

Chilli

Damm cold up here in Glasgow @ the mo and two inch of snow yesterday brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anyway: the large No.s are the bottle pressure and the red line is the maximum bottle pressure of Co2 gas which is about 55 - 60 bar "HIGH PRESSURE, the smaller No.s "LOW PRESSURE" are you line pressure, with no gas flowing you should be about 2 -3 bar and once you open the value and the gas starts to flow this pressure will reduce to 1 - 1.5 bar, if you open the needle valve more the pressure will drop and vice versa if you tighten the needle valve. The gauge with the smaller No.s will remain constant, the other gauge with the larger No.s will reduce or drop as the gas is used up - thats the one to keep you eye on.

Regards
paul.

chilled84 said:
:!: new subject, my difuser, I have the spirel type, But i have an anoying build up of co2 wich realeases ever 2 mins or so from the top chamber. I have added 16 chamber now in hope that it would stop due to difuseion, But not matter how many i have it just dont stop. Any help please as i think its anoying and proberly is a waste of co2! :(

You have editted the original thread - the original thread you posted was regarding gauge pressure - this is totally different now - trying to make me stupid.

This build up of gas at the top of the spiral diffusion is not pure Co2, Co2 gas enters the bottom of the spiral diffuser as one large bubble, as the bubble travels up the spiral it should get smaller and smaller until its get to the size of a pin head or slightly bigger. At the same time, other gases which are naturally dissolved in the aquarium water penetrate into the CO2 bubbles. These so-called waste gases explain why the bubbles do not dissolve completely, these waste gases are what is collecting at the top of the spiral diffuser which vents its self every 2 minutes as per your thread.

Are you big bubbles at the bottom and small bubbles at the top - if you are this is working correctly

have a look at the attached video

or JBL video, after 3.30 mins its show you about the spiral diffuser - sorry its in German

Hope this helps

Regards
paul.

Paul

Are you useing one of those useless spiral diffusers? They're rubbish compared to a glass diffuser, which again isn't as good as an inline diffuser.

Flyfisherman said:
chilled84 said:

You have editted the original thread - the original thread you posted was regarding gauge pressure - this is totally different now - trying to make me stupid.

This build up of gas at the top of the spiral diffusion is not pure Co2, Co2 gas enters the bottom of the spiral diffuser as one large bubble, as the bubble travels up the spiral it should get smaller and smaller until its get to the size of a pin head or slightly bigger. At the same time, other gases which are naturally dissolved in the aquarium water penetrate into the CO2 bubbles. These so-called waste gases explain why the bubbles do not dissolve completely, these waste gases are what is collecting at the top of the spiral diffuser which vents its self every 2 minutes as per your thread.

Are you big bubbles at the bottom and small bubbles at the top - if you are this is working correctly

have a look at the attached video

or JBL video, after 3.30 mins its show you about the spiral diffuser - sorry its in German

Hope this helps

Regards
paul.

Paul

haha yeah i changed the thread instead of makeing new one mate, yeah they get smaller at top, not pin head but smaller. its working then, Think i might make change to glass defuser :D

that's interesting i thought the waste gas came from the source good to know if you use the filter reactor method the waste gas wont hurt the fish(as im guessing there isn't any)

sorry i meant the waste gas from the co2 the blurb on the reactors led me to believe the waste gas was part of the co2 gas out of the bottles

Here it is. I am gettin anoyed with my sprirel difuser! ITS GOTA GO! I like the idea of the atomizer .....But!!....I have two filters with two outlets and only one co2 bottle! How could i go around doing this?

Should i connect an atomier to one of the outlets and just add a hydor to ive move circulation

Or, Should i get real tec and get two and split my Co2 line with needle valve and run two atomizers on each line out.

:crazy:

Given that my experience is limited, this is just my opinion.

My thinking is that there is going to be a reduction in the filter outlet when running an inline diffuser.
So by running two inline diffusers you would be doubling the reduction of your flow, as the water needs to pass through two discs.
As your splitting the Co2 from the needle valve, your BPM remains the same, so then why.
If the answer is better distribution of Co2 throughout the tank, the reduction of flow from both outlets, to me would kind of cancel out any increase dispersion.

Running just the one inline diffuser would reduce the outflow of one filter, but the other filter outlet running unimpeded so to speak, would then help with better dispersion as it has a stronger flow.
Just my thoughts remember ;)
cheers

hi chilled,
i have 2 identical external filters operating on 1 tank, with an inline diffuser on just 1 filter and a inline heater on the other. the aquarium is a 300l corner unit so i was always going to have trouble with the flow pattern, but with a bit of tweaking of the spraybars, careful positioning of large plants and the addition of a koralia 2, i have a co2 mist all over the tank and the drop checker is giving a uniform reading in all areas. ultimately though, the choice is yours, and what works for one may not work for others!
later,
bazz!

As long you got enough flow around the whole tank then the CO2 on just one filter is fine. as mentioned by bazz flow is the key to ensure all your plants get enough of it. Same applies to nutrients not just CO2.

Back