• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dimmer for TMC Mini400

Hi Rob

TMC do a separate inline dimmer so you don't need the controller, if this is what you already have then check in the box that the mini400 tile came in and you might find the adapter for connecting the controller as the tile comes with one (adapter for controller not controller itself).

TMC do a separate inline dimmer so you don't need the controller, if this is what you already have then check in the box that the mini400 tile came in and you might find the adapter for connecting the controller as the tile comes with one (adapter for controller not controller itself).

Here's the link. Did not know about these! Awesome.

Thank you, I already saw the adapter in the box but it doesn't work with the dimmer I have(not a TMC product). I was informed by the U.S. distributer that the dimmer they carry is for their AquaBeam line of LEDs and does not work with the AquaRay line (which is what the Mini400 contains) The distributor said: "Unfortunately after experimenting around, we can find no way to utilize this dimmer with the AquaRay product line" Does this agree with your own information? Maybe the emitters are different, and that's the problem. Unfortunately, I know nothing about lighting systems. Would appreciate any information you could give me that would be helpful.
Cheers,
Rob

Sorry Rob, confusingingly, the inline dimmer that I was led to believe that works with the mini400 is actually for Aquabeams and not Aquarays, looking at the both ends of the connectors on TMCs dimmer I can see the problem, it won't fit with the power supply for the Aquaray as it requires a USB male type plug connection to mate with the supply, the connector in the tiles box I thought it would fit, apparently I'm wrong.

No sweat X3NiTH, it's an easy mistake to make. To bad I don't know an electrical engineer to solve my problem. There is probably a reason for the different sized connectors, maybe involving the current supply to the emitters. American Aquarium Products/(Supply) ™, The U.S. distributors were the people I dealt with. They answered my query very soon after I emailed them (on the weekend!). So I have no complaint about them. Sure wish they made a dimmer for the AquaRay though. BTW- did you see the images of my new baby rillis at my Warts and more Warts site?

Back