• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dining room aqauarium

a.aurel

Guys before I describe my setup I want to thank you for the enormous and precious amount of information which I read it quite often, almost every day I could say.

The story of my current aquarium starts six months ago, when I decided to put into operation this setup:

• Tank :120cm x 60 x 60 Optiwhite - 10mm -silicone : transparent
  • Filters: EHEIM professionel 3 350 + EHEIM professionel 3 250
  • Lighting: aqua medic ocean light 150w metal halide - 6500k ~3 years old :(
  • Hardscape: ADA Horn Wood + some Seiryu Stone
  • Fish: 19 Denison barb + one Pleco + one Black Ghost Knifefish
I wanted some variety and two weeks ago I added:
  • pressurized CO2 with Dennerle ph controller Evolution
  • Sera CO2 reactor 1000 , ph ~8
  • Willow Moss and Elodea Densa
I'm not sure if the plants will survive because I have a pretty big KH

I talked enough, better I will show you some pictures:

1-301035.jpg

4-3e95a5.jpg

First time seeing a black knife in a planted setup! Keen to see this evolve.

Thanks all for support, it is difficult to take pictures of my Knifefish because it is very shy but I will try to catch a photo.
In the near future I want to add Microsorum Trident but not sure if it will withstand in a KH 11

@Greenfinger2: thanks for the link I browsed more on that site and I found a lot of useful information about plants that interested me. I passed to favorites ;)

@banthaman.jm: i
t is very kind of you but the distance is too long and the poor plant would suffer on the road. We have a small community here in Romania and I hope I will be able to find it nearby

I wouldn't worry too much about Kh.those are no more than ideal conditions. I have Kh14 and growing plants with Kh maximum of 8 with no problem.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

with the help of a good friend I planted more, when they grow I will decide which I'll keep.

New summary:
pogostemon erectus, limnophila aromatica, echinodorus tenellus, blyxa japonica, pogostemon octopus, rotala rotundifolia, willow moss and elodea densa

noiembrie-1d5494.jpg

the fishes have gorgeous colors, I suppose because I feed them with frozen mosquito red larvae.

noiembrie-4ebe2f.jpg

noiembrie-5d296c.jpg

@a.aurel If you have the time to watch the tank carefully you could turn the co2 up slowly watching your fish, if they start to go sluggish or heading to the surface you can dial the co2 back a bit.
Jim

I decreased pH to 7.3 and on last week had died two Denisons, but I don't think it is related one to another.

I took advantage of discounts from Black Friday and ordered a new bulb for my lamp: ADA NA-LAMP NAG 150W for Solar and Grand Solar (8000k), the current one has 6500k.
Can't wait to see how the plants will adapt. Thank's Victor ;)

Back