• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape Diorama / Island jungle.

Carpman

My new to me 90-45-45, What do you think?
20200118_215254.jpg

20200118_215334.jpg

20200118_215356.jpg

20200118_215440.jpg

I do have a few more bits of wood (20-30cm in size) and some stone.
20200115_175841.jpg

Hi,

Looks like two scapes without connection because the Wood is too big and the stones looks like diorama.

You should try to connect both sides by using smaller Wood or adding Wood on the left side for example.

Cheers and good luck

Cheers @CooKieS for confirming that's exactly what I felt, it does feel disjointed and I sort off knew that when I titled the post. The problem now is, of course, the boss has seen and like it's so I think I'm stuck with it this time not only that I have 2 tanks currently going (the holding and the trigon keep the Mc alive) as well so need to get this planted without much more delay and clear the others out! As much as I would love to take a lot more time developing this tank I think my time is nigh.

1. get rid of the wood.
2. extend ornamental sand along the front (in front of the two lonely rocks on the right).
3. use a carpeting plant in the aquasoil immediately behind the rocks.
4. choose some nice bedding plants going up to the back.

Assuming you get enough height and impact on the right, you will actually find that your rock arrangements will work, and magnify interest over the whole tank. You eye would be drawn from left to right - but you must keep the balance of colours in your planting so that it works as a block. If its pink or red then so be it. But you wouldn't want one patch of red alone on the right in a sea of green. You goal is both consistency and impact. For that reason you might consider serious height throughout your planting, and movement in the flow.

You are a lot closer than you might think. Just a few tweeks are needed.

Back