• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

DISASTER

Richard40

Guys,

I feel like crying. My Aqua One nano just burst at the far right corner. Water is everywhere and fish and shrimp were also. I've ran a bucket of water and added what i could gather off the floor back into the bucket.

Other than cleaning all the soil and water up off the floor which is now completely ruined. What should i do next?

I have got a 60P tank with no water in there at the moment, just hardscape. Should i put my 600 thermo onto this tank, fill with water and pray for the best?

Would appreciate whatever advice you guys could give me. All the plants will also be ruined.

Richard

Really sad to hear, do you have water escape insurance? It's something I've been paying extra for, for years. Best to contact AquaOne as that doesn't sound right.

I would get a bucket (got some rain water?) fill it with any hardscape from the wreckage and then with water. Put all live animals into bucket, they'll be fine for a week(s). Squeeze the sponge from the filter into the new tank, fill with water, attach filter and wait a few days. Empty bucket into tank. Try and get it planted asap.

0326C1D3-0A64-4512-A451-B9D685F9F0B2.jpeg
41D322EA-4069-4F52-989A-CE5A70C4E748.jpeg

It’s just exploded at the bottom right corner. I don’t think I have water escape insurances

Busy tidying up but this shouldn’t have happened.

I’m changing my 600 filter over to the small tank now.

Shall I get water into the small tank and get this one running? I’ve got the thermo 250 heater which I could take out and leave in the bucket.

Ouch not nice,
Get everything you can into the 60p And try and save as many fish etc as you can. Fish and shrimp can survive for quite some time out of the water.
Even if they look dried out just put them in the water and some may make it. They will be listless for a few hours and bounce back. Dont worry about about cleaning any fluff or dust of them, it wont matter. Just get them back into the water.

Change over as much to the 60P and keep spraying the plants to minimise wilting etc.
Treat it like a massive water change, and add normal decholrinator etc. And If you have some Bacteria add that.
Do squeeze out some of the muck from the filter sponges into the water, so that there is good bacteria in the water. Dont worry about aestheitcs for now. you can always gravel vac in a few days. If you are able to save the substrate, Just dump it in as it is. dont worry about cloldiness. The fish wont.
If you have an airstone add this to the bucket. Dont worry about loss of heat too much. You can wrap the bucket in a towel etc. It takes a long time for the water to cool down. A Black bucket will help to retain heat.

Right,

I've put water in the 60P, my Biomaster thermo 600 is linked up to it, so old sponges, and filter media.

Most fish, snails and shrimp recovered are in a bucket but I don't have a spare heater. Also I took all plants out and they are in a bucket.

What next, as it's the old filter running can the fish go back in the tank or would that be lethal?

I have a second heater on my Oase 250, which I've taken out and placed in the bucket.

I was due a delivery of all my new plants this week. Should I hold that off and replant as much of my old plants into the 60P?

I’ve got a Twinstar Nano, should I put that in the bucket to release oxygen whilst they stay in there?

Be very careful of heaters in buckets - the water can easily overheat - try setting the heater lower than normal and check temp frequently
What’s your room temperature?
(a little cool is usually better than overheating re low oxygen)

Do you have any food grade plastic rectangular bin that offers more footprint than a typical bucket?

If you’ve added water and filter to the 60P, I’d move the fish there - plants can easily wait until tomorrow

Before replanting old plants, go though and trim any damaged leafs, trim back roots for replanting (previous roots will often die from damage)

Treat like a freshly set tank big\frequent water changes. Match temp to tank and use dechlorinator maybe use an ammonia remover for piece of mind. It's hard work but possible. In my early fish keeping years I had juvenile clown loach in an immature tank and they all survived. The key was clean dechlorinated water your filters will soon catch up

The filter is fine, it’s mature but from the other tank so that shouldn’t be a problem.

My plan was 50% water changes every day for a week, then every other day for a week and then every 3 days, until 4th week once a week.

Should I still continue with this when it’s fully planted on Wednesday?

Sorry to hear this my man.
Cheers fella, words can not comprehend hearing a racket and seeing water flooding from the tank and fish flapping in the soil and water. Was like a dream. Seem to be doing ok for what happened in the smaller tank at the moment.
I’m pissed off as that should not happen to any tank, maybe leaking but not to burst open like that.

Attachments

• D7B7FCA5-E088-4E63-9A72-CC8EF72BF9C9.jpeg
    D7B7FCA5-E088-4E63-9A72-CC8EF72BF9C9.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 122
Back