• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Discus angels, your tank shots

Chris Tinker

Anyone got pictures of a 4ft fish tank with either discus or angels.

I seen discus and worried they would look too big in there.

Also need tank inspiration if I keep going with angels 😆 thank you

my pitchforks are at the ready

I have both, but not in the same tank. The show tanks on Jack Wattley's (US Discus site) site and Gabe's (manager) personal tank have both in them, look in their video section. I will take pictures later, the tanks are in my office, all of my tanks are planted.

Last edited:
All three of these tanks are due for a trim, etc., this coming week but here you go. The first one is a 55 gallon, the discus tank is 75 gallon, and rimless tank is 68 gallon. I will be adding a 114 gallon discuss this year.

IMG_4598.jpeg
IMG_4599.jpeg
IMG_4600.jpeg

Parents had a beautiful 4ft tank with 6 adult discus for years and no problems at all. However discus prefer a deeper tank rather than longer , as they tend to swim up and down as apposed to side by side, for that reason the tank was 48x24x30

Excuse the CO2 bubbles ruining the shot, but here's the pride of my tank, one of 6 Angels in my 4ft 350L tank. This is the only older fish and doesn't swim too much, where as the 5 other younger angels are quite active. I am fully aware that if space becomes and issue when they get bigger I'll have to return a few of them to the store I bought them from, but for now they're thriving.

I get they're not as cool as Discus, but Diamondscales come close!

Angel_1.jpg

Back