• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Discus Dan's disastrous endeavours in decorative delight

Made this short video showing the current yeast co2 set up in action. Touch wood every thing seems to be doing pretty well at the moment, though I'm still thinking of upgrading to a FE, just need to find a local source to re fill them.

Added a few more fish today, 6 dwarf neon rainbows, another 4 Amano shrimp and a lovely betta.

Didn't managed to get any decent shots of the rainbows, there speedy buggers.

uW3p0hC.jpg

about time for an update!

Tanks coming along nicely. Pretty much fully stocked now.

just finished fitting my co2 fire extinguisher and reg. got fed up of changing the yeast bottle every 3 days!

XORX5Tb.jpg

and here's the tank now.

IzWDxqm.jpg

thought I'd do a quick recap of the progress so far from start to nearly finished. Sorry for poor pictures they where all taken on my phone.

200l tank with black sand substrate covering kitty litter and soaking a bit of mopani wood.
Custom built fish tank stand. filtration is a fluval 205 and 405.

1ezDlue.jpg

Next added a few stem plants and diy yeast co2.

79BX988.jpg

Then came another bit of mopani wood. Also got the doors and drawers made for the stand.

ybpS0Iy.jpg

after that I ordered a few plants.

nrKSqrO.jpg

and set about planting them. Also added the drawer fronts, just handles to go :)

1wvuxbA.jpg

Then it stayed like this for a couple of months before I added an FE co2 set up,

FRKFrvT.jpg

and this is the tank now. From start to now is around 4 months.

zrZtUJk.jpg

Also added a diy spray bar last week which is working great.

NN0Yerl.jpg

SNp16Un.jpg

Next I want to add a nice leopard ozelot to the center of the tank and get a couple more angel fish and it will be pretty much done. hopefully then i can sit back and watch it grow.

Back