• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Discussion on substrate and fertilization

"We do not use marketing tactics or hoopla. We also assiduously avoid hype and propaganda. Are you looking at the photographs of the results? The results are not good enough for you?"

Here's a post with many pictures that are not over saturated and straight out of affordable cameras. This post shows a variety of substrates that go out of their way to show shades and color and experiences with various substrates I have used, for anyone interested. It states my opinion after trying several examples. They are only a sample of what I have tried in 9 years in the hobby.

Your thoughts on commercially available substrates - Page 2 - Substrates - Aquatic Plant Central

Notice I have tools and many more pictures online of more than the substrate. Note I have never asked for and have refused money for my hobby. Note there are no ads on any of my sites related to aquaria. I only ever make hobby money by selling my plants to people who love my plants, and I stash that money to buy more plants and tank for my hobby.

I wasn't aware I was a shill for anything. Who has an agenda again?

Just one question. When you mention that with enriched substrates you can skip dosing what do you mean? Can you forget it just during a long weekend, during a whole week? I know it will depend on your layout but just to have an idea. My tank has more and more input needs ( especially concerning daily liquid C and ferts dosing) and I fear what is going to happen if I cannot take care of it for 10 days...

It is not my case, I use JBL Manado that is just clay (at least it looks like) but I want to know if using enriched substrates would solve this problem in a future tank
Yep, of course it depends on the length of time, the amount of light/CO2 and so forth, but generally, if an enriched substrate is used then you can skip a few days without too much difficulty. If the lights are lowered a week is certainly possible. It's a very useful combination to have an enriched substrate combined with water column dosing.

Cheers,

Both soil substrate and column dosing...and CO2...

CIMG0809.jpg

Back