• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Made small changes in the tank. Everything runs slowly but fine! :cigar:
Will make more adjustments along time...
The photo is not so good but...
1-1-_DSC4699.jpg

cheers!

Maybe it's a silly question, but how bucephs. know that is time to flower?
In Bornéu maybe it's easier, the rain season is ending (i believe).:rolleyes:

But in my tank, placed in complete dark place (no natural light) and water parameters the same all year...
How do they know? by the moon? some kind of memory?
Always thought that plants can sense the sun, temperature and water chemistry changes.
Anyway just a thought... :bored:

Here is the magic happening once again ;).
cheers

1-1-_DSC4720.jpg

Hi,
need a little bit more light...:artist: (at least more uniform distribution, too many plants!) :rolleyes:
Comparing the Beamswork with my last DIY...

Beamswork in front [the eleocharis really need a bit more light, with the rest of the plants it stayed almost t in the shadow...]
1-desob_03.jpg

DYI in the back [maybe now can avoid the bending effect 'phototropism' in the rotalas:
2-desob_02.jpg

And now both on!
3-desob_01.jpg

[same conditions in all images, exposure, aperture, velocity, color, post processing, etc]
cheers!

Hi chilli,

this bucephalandra is very slow, i think the most difficult that i have.
Rooting is also more dificult to grab to the hardscape (comparing with others).
Once adapted to the tank my bucephalandras that flower once keep flowering in regular basis!
Tom Barr described this behaviour, with good conditions flowering will be regular.

If you want to see more pictures take a look:
http://aquaforum.pt/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3588
cheers

Last edited:
H Tiago

Superb tank, congrats! I've seen you have two outlets, one at the bottom with the jet directly pointing to the carpet in the foreground and the other near the tank surface. I guess the one attached to the inline co2 diffuser/reactor is the one at the bottom, isn't it?

Jordi

Thanks, Karla, Jordi and Greenfinger2!

Jordi, you spot the scheme!
One more detail, on the top (which is the main filter) the are 2 outlets.
Thinner tubes for giving a bit stronger flow and they can be ajust [left-right] and [surface or substrate]!
I can easily configure the flow direction to adjust some evaporation or maintenance (is very useful)!
The big pipe below is now consensual... I believe that i use 1/2 to 1/4 of the Co2 with this configuration.

Finally found the scissors! :nailbiting:
Maybe tomorrow another picture... :cigar:
cheers!

Back