• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

dispersing co2

soton_dave

the filter im going to be using in my 170 litre tank is an aqua one aquis 1250 with one long spray bar along the back of the tank spanning the width (1 metre) about 35mm bellow the water level,i know im going to need aditional circulation but ive got a fluval 204 sat doing nothing so will probably use that as well.
co2 is going to be from a FE and the difuser ive got is the jbl cylinder/ladder affair.
whats the general opinion on the diffusers?
where would be the best place to mount it? for optimal distibution,its a bow fronted tank

i bought a dennerele drop checker in my LFS and it came with a couple of bottle/capsules of reagent that you just pour in the checker,will these give a accurate reading or am i better of getting reagent and 4dkh solution?

cheers in advance dave

soton_dave said:
the filter im going to be using in my 170 litre tank is an aqua one aquis 1250 with one long spray bar along the back of the tank spanning the width (1 metre) about 35mm bellow the water level,i know im going to need aditional circulation but ive got a fluval 204 sat doing nothing so will probably use that as well.
co2 is going to be from a FE and the difuser ive got is the jbl cylinder/ladder affair.
whats the general opinion on the diffusers?
where would be the best place to mount it? for optimal distibution,its a bow fronted tank

i bought a dennerele drop checker in my LFS and it came with a couple of bottle/capsules of reagent that you just pour in the checker,will these give a accurate reading or am i better of getting reagent and 4dkh solution?

cheers in advance dave

Dave

I did have a dennerle ladder system for my Co2 injection and I have now swapped it for an inline reactor (Aqua medic 1000) with siporax inside the reactor - now my Co2 is mixed with the water returning to the tank. I also had the dennerle drop checker with the blue fluid that add to the cup or bowl, I have swapped to pH reagent + 4dkh solution and I am not happy with this method as there are so many permitation of how many drops of ph reagent / 4dkh solution to add to the drop checker or bowl so I have bought some all in one fluid from Aqua essentials - I wil keep you posted as to my finding with the all in one solution - personnally I would keep to the dennerle blue fluid at the moment. Within one of my threads i asked if any one new anything about this fliud na dI even contacted Dennerle - no replies.
Regards

Paul.

just looked at the aqua medic,can the hose tails be changed to bigger ones or are they moulded on,my filter uses quite chunky pipes.
really would be good to find out a bit more about the dennerele fluid but if dennerele wont even reply with any comments cant see us finding out,may get another drop checker later when my tanks all up and running and run 2 side by side one with the dennerele and one with the 4dkh and reagent just to see the results,at least then we'd have an idea...lol
cheers dave

Dave

My aqua medic 1000 came from the green machine and the tails are about 15.5mm in diameter, my current piping is 16/22 mm eheim pipes, to make sure that i do not have any leaks i have added to cilps to secure the pipes. As for the fluid, I have one checker with ph reagent + 4dkh and another checker with Red sea fluid + 1ml of tank water as per their instruction - both are showing different colours, so that why I have bought the all in one solution and it has arrived today, I can't set it up until Friday. there is a topic / thread regarding co2 & colours. I will have a look for it and edit the thread

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5128
paul

Back